27

elle's pov・゚: *・゚:*   
*:・゚*:・゚saturday

"mum?" i knock on her bedroom door.

"come in love." i hear her say and i enter the room, seeing my dad asleep besides her. "wasn't today so fun." she smiles.

"yeah, it was amazing. anyways, do you remember when you was trying to convince me to go to college in england?" i sit down on the bed and cross my legs.

"yes, you wouldn't because you didn't want to leave mattia and your friends and me." she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"do you really think i have a better chance at making it over there? as a professional footballer."

"one hundred percent." she ruffles my hair. "chelsea is just about to start college in september."

"and you're better now? you can look after ethan properly and not drink." i ask and sort my hair out.

"again, one hundred percent. i still think you should go, explore the world whilst you're young. but you won't because of your friends."

"they're moving away." i look down at my hands and fiddle with my fingers.

"who? mattia, the boys? where to?" my mum asks confused.

"all of them mum. to la, they're all moving away to los angeles." i cry quietly, in an attempt not to wake my dad.

"why would they do that?" my mum rubs my arm.

"to get famous, to be influencers or whatever." i shake my head, knowing she won't understand.

"what about you though, you have a lot of friends on that app they use."

"i don't want to live a life like that, it's hard." i admit, referring to all the people constantly in your business.

"you don't have to do anything you don't want to." she pulls me in for a hug.

"but i'll miss them and see them all over social media having a great time and i'll hate it." i shake my head.

"you can visit mattia and i'm sure he'll visit you too." she wipes my tears.

"it won't be the same. i love him and it won't be the same loving him long distance." more tears stream down my face.

"you're going to breakup with him? oh, elle you two were made for eachother."

"i didn't think we'd ever break up because i thought the same, i thought we were in love."

"hey, you are in love, this break up won't change that but the distance might of changed it eventually. you have to make the right choice for you to live your life, not based off of his life. it could be the right person, wrong timing." she suggests.

"so i'm moving to england to make my career and he's moving to la to make his." i try to piece it all together in my brain but my heart is broken.

"exactly, this decision isn't about love it's about your future. it's a good choice because this way you haven't ended on bad terms or hate eachother." she strokes my hair as i cry into her shoulder.

i need to let all my emotions out now so i don't show any infront of mattia so he can't convince me to change my mind.

"i'll book your flights and have my sister help us arrange things other there." she kisses my head.

"until then, i'm not telling mattia. i want everything to be normal for as long as possible." i nod my head and feel myself falling asleep into her arms.

-

*:・゚*:・゚sunday

"hey." kairi enters my bedroom and i turn to look at him.

"hi kai." i smile. "what did you wanna talk about?" i continue my makeup.

"well, i was your first friend at passaic. and i know high school's over now but i still wanted to talk to you about it, just us. i've spent all my time today talking about business and moving to la with my manager and parents. i think it's going to happen, but mattia said you're staying in jersey." kairi sighs.

"i don't want to go to la, tiktok is just for fun for me." i shrug.

"you could still live with us elle." i look at kairi in the mirrors reflection as he smiles with hope.

"i'd still be involved with everything including the drama, plus i don't think your manager would be happy with me trailing along." i shake my head.

"i wish you weren't so clever." kairi groans as he lays back on my bed and i laugh. "i'm going to miss you if you're five hours away."

"hey, don't dim the mood. we've got partying to do!" i cheer, without telling him that it will be much longer than a five hour plane ride because i'm also moving away.

"if you ever get ready!" he replies.

"my dress is on and hair is done, cut me some slack. i'll be two minutes." i say and he nods.

"the boys are already on their way there." he says. "what about you and mattia?" he asks as he sits up on the bed.

"kairi, please don't." i say and finish my makeup.

"sorry." he smiles apologetically.

"it's whatever." i stand up quickly and feel nauseous.

"you good?" kairi puts his hand on my shoulder.

"stood up too quick lol." i smile and we make our way out of the house to his car.

"you're lucky you aren't driving tonight, you can get fucked up." kairi says as he gets into the drivers seat.

"i don't feel like drinking, honestly. and shutup we both know that you're still going to get lit and just order an uber." we laugh and turn up the music.

i'm not drinking tonight cause i already don't feel good, i guess this whole knowing me and mattia are going to be over thing is making me feel horrible and anxious.

"kai, do you believe in soulmates?" i ask him.

"yeah, i do elle. that's how i know you and mattia, no matter what happens, will find your way back to eachother."