Chapter 4: Fire And Ice

A week later at the Miyagi-Do dojo, you were watching a YouTube commercial on your phone for Miyagi-Do Karate while walking towards the back area.

Daniel LaRusso (in the commercial): "Inner peace, focus, balance. These are just some of the skills that you will master when you join Miyagi-Do Karate. I'm Daniel LaRusso, and before I was the number-one auto dealer in the Valley... I was two-time All Valley under-18 champion. Now, you can learn the secrets of  Okinawan karate, true karate, by joining the Miyagi-Do Team. Don't be a snake in the grass, be a champion. Tweet us at #TeamMiyagiDo. And all lessons are free. That's right, free. Because at Miyagi-Do, it's not about the money. It's about the karate."

You smile and put your phone away.

Y/N: "Hopefully that gets more people through the... screen door. I'd love to watch someone else paint the fence and clean the toilet." You think aloud as you stretch out and yawn. "But for now, it's training time."

You see Daniel walking towards the house and decide to talk to him.

Y/N: "Hey Mr. LaRusso, what did people think about the commercial? I thought it was amazing."

Daniel LaRusso: "It was Y/N, it truly was. But can you believe that people are saying I'm guilty of 'cultural appropriation'?"

Y/N: "What?! No way, wha-what does that even mean?"

Daniel LaRusso: "They're even calling me Daniel LaRacist and said my background music was cliche."

Y/N: "What?! That's crazy talk, that was Mr. Miyagi's favorite song."

Daniel LaRusso: "Exactly what I told Amanda and Anoush at LaRusso Auto Corp." He says as he pats you on the back. "But for now, just work on your training. Okay?"

Y/N: "Okay, Sensei."

You reach the back to find Sam and Robby were already here, practicing.

Samantha LaRusso: "Remember, keep moving in a circle." Sam tells Robby when she hits him with a light jab to the ribs.

Robby Keene: "You know, I did make it to the All Valley finals." Robby says amused.

Samantha LaRusso: "That's cause you didn't have to get through me!" Sam teases.

Robby Keene: "Listen, I wanna thank you."

Samantha LaRusso: "For what?"

Robby Keene: "Last week, I had no hot water. This week, I have a Jacuzzi in my backyard." Robby simply explains.

Samantha LaRusso: "Well, I wouldn't get too excited. We did find a dead possum in there." the two laughed.

Robby Keene: "Seriously. Thank you. It's been a little rough lately, and it's nice to have people look out for you."

Samantha LaRusso: "That's what friends do." She shrugs.

Robby Keene: "Not all friends." Robby replies. Something about the way he looks at her makes your stomach churn, jealousy shoot up your veins, and your fists tighten. They hadn't noticed you standing there so, you clear your throat.

Y/N: "Hey, guys." You say as if you were not in full overthinker mode.

Robby Keene: "Sup." You fist-bump each other.

Y/N: "Hey, Shorty." You pat Sam's head playfully before hugging her and she rolls her eyes.

Samantha LaRusso: "Nonny."

She punches you in the shoulder and puts her hands on her hips.

Daniel LaRusso: "All right, guys."