Chapter 22: 'Tis The Season To Be Pleasant

A/N: Formerly titled 'Tis The Season To Make An Alliance

...

It was now late December and you were on winter break along with the rest of your friends. You, Sam, and Miguel were gathered near the Miyagi ancestral picture wall. You were wearing a winter athletic outfit.

Inside the Miyagi-Do dojo, you and Miguel were looking at a picture of Mr

Inside the Miyagi-Do dojo, you and Miguel were looking at a picture of Mr. Miyagi while Sam stretches on the floor. 

Miguel Diaz: "So, this is the guy who founded Miyagi-Do?"

Y/N: "That's Mr.Miyagi. He taught Mr. LaRusso everything he knows."

Miguel Diaz: "Oh. Like how Sensei Lawrence learned everything from Kreese." He walks to another side of the room.

Samantha LaRusso: "Mr. Miyagi was nothing like Kreese." She gets up and follows him with you tagging along. "He taught karate the right way, focusing on defense."

Miguel Diaz: "Yeah. Sometimes the best defense is the best offense." He replies.

Y/N: *sigh* "This is the problem. Our styles are so far apart."

Samantha LaRusso: "Your sensei will never see eye to eye with my dad." She tells Miguel.

Miguel Diaz & Y/N: "I think it's the other way around." You both look at each other and grin. 

Miguel notices a hand drum on a shelf near him. He picks it up and looks at it. 

Miguel Diaz: "What's this?"

Y/N: "An Okinawan hand drum."

Miguel Diaz: *taps the drum* "What does it do?"

Y/N: "Why don't I show you." You stand in front of him and face him. "Try and hit me."

Miguel Diaz: "Okay." He puts the drum back where it belongs and faces you. "Here it comes."

You position yourself with both arms to your left and swing them both one after another. The first swing is a backhand attack and then the second almost directly behind it is an open palm attack. Miguel's lunging fist gets hit twice.

Miguel Diaz: "Not bad."

Y/N: "Probably should use it often considering how effective it is."

Miguel Diaz: "Probably should."

He looks at the backdoor and sees the backyard.

Miguel Diaz: "Listen, I'm gonna' just chill in the back for a little bit. If that's okay with you two."

Y/N: "No worries, just don't break anything." 

Miguel nods and heads out as Sam turns to face you.

You grab the Okinawan hand drum and gaze at it yourself before shaking it.

Samantha LaRusso: "Now you try hitting me."