Chapter 17: The Right Path

In Japan, Daniel attempts to reach an exclusive partnership with Doyona International at a meeting. It doesn't go well, but he's determined to find a way to make them agree, despite not having a plan in place. A kind Japanese bartender gives him some advice, explaining how the Japanese believe that you can always see someone even after they're gone. At that moment, Daniel sees a televised advertisement for Mr. Miyagi's homeland, Okinawa, and is reminded of how much you and Sam enjoyed going there a few weeks ago. When Daniel eagerly flies across Japan from Tokyo to Okinawa and travels by taxi to Tomi Village, he notices that the area has now been thoroughly commercialized, riddled with international chain brands (just like Kurasen Village). A female resident explains to Daniel how the construction of a mall helped to provide people with a livelihood under the leadership of Sato. In a stroke of good fortune, Daniel notices Kumiko (his summer fling from 1984) guiding a group of girls through an Okinawan dance. When the dance is completed, Kumiko notices Daniel in the audience and they smile at each other just like they did when they were dating.

At West Valley High...

You were getting your food tray in the cafeteria with Robby waiting for you at the end of the line. He was chewing on some carrot sticks and stops when you finish getting your food. You see Demetri enter the cafeteria. He was carrying a huge board, covered with a cloth that appeared to be some sort of statue. Robby notices you looking at the board.

Robby Keene: "What's that?"

Y/N: "An amazing Lego model of the Valley in prehistoric times. I spent like 6 hours building it with him last Saturday. Let's go check out the final product."

He nods and follows you to your guys' table.

Demetri: "Are you ready to rock?" He asks, sliding his project down onto the table in front of Yasmine and Moon. "Our science project?" He reminds her before sitting down.

Yasmine: "I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk regularly." She mutters, leaning forward to get a better look at what he was presenting to her.

Demetri: "Hey, hey. My popularity's on the rise while yours is steadily declining, but, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle like a sexual Venn diagram." He made some circles in the air and Robby almost chokes on his carrots, trying to hold in a laugh. Moon chuckles with you as you and Robby sit down.

Moon: "So what's under the sheet?" She asks as she leans in to get a better look.

Demetri: "I'm glad you asked." He stands back up to his feet and whipping the sheet off of the top of his creation. Everyone's eyes widen in amazement at the ginormous Lego model, including yours. "Behold, what the scientists believe to be the Valley when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." He prompts, looking at Yasmin enthusiastically. 

She hesitates slightly before poking it with her finger. A bird screech sound effect plays and smoke began to trickle out of the top of the volcano.

Yasmine: "Not bad... my parents might not have to pay for my A this time." Yasmine admits, smiling up at Demetri.

Demetri: "Your parents will never have to pay for an A again." Demetri mumbled and I turned back to the table I was sitting at. 

Y/N: "Told you it was amazing." You say to Robby before popping a tater tot into your mouth.

Robby smirks and continues eating as Demetri starts explaining the model to Yasmine and Moon. You yawn and look at your backpack when you feel like something was about to hit you.

Y/N: "Watch out!"

You see a yellow soccer ball clip the side of the volcano before you stop it. While a fist-sized chunk of the volcano was now in broken pieces, the model was intact for the most part. Robby looks under the table to find Legos scattered all across the floor.