Akaashi's Backstory

!TRIGGER WARNING! there are mentions of self harm, abuse, and alcohol in this chapter, if you are sensitive to those topics, please don't read this!

Akaashi used to live in an abusive household. He had a dad, a step-mom, two sisters and one brother. Ever since Akaashi's biological mother passed away, his father has been abusing him and his sibilings constanty. Every night or evening, his father would smoke and drink. The second Akaashi and his older sister, Tasuketa, their dad would make them go to their room and study. Sometimes he would get out of control, and even if they did the smallest things their father would punch them, kick them, throw things at them, etc. At this time, Akaashi was in elementary school and Tasuketa was in middle school. The other children were twins and only a few months old. Their biological mom passed away right after the twins were born, making the dad think that it was all the kids faults for the death of their mother. In attempt for him to get over the death of his wife, he looked everywhere for a new wife. He managed to find one. It was a blonde haired lady, she was around 30 years old. Shortly after they started dating, they got married. It wasn't a very happy marriage and not many people attended. Normally their step-mom would come home late due to work, so Akaashi's dad would take advantage of that time and abuse his kids. Most of the time when he does things like that, he's drunk. He would always take out his anger on his kids, especially the twins. This went on for about two years, then the twins sadly passed away due to all of the abusing of their "father". It was unknown whether they killed themselves or died from the abusing, but it didn't matter which one. Akaashi and Tasuketa were absolutely furious due to the deaths of their sibilings, and tried to get back to their father. They didn't really spend any time to plan out the revenge, it was basically just trying to punch and kick their dad back. Normally when their father would abuse them, they wouldn't do anything back and just endure the pain. Both of the kids were in middle school still, but Tasuketa was about to graduate to high school. That night, they tried to get back at their dad. Keyword- tried. They failed. The only result of doing that was getting beat up even more. Fortunately for them, their step-mom came home early that night. She didn't know about the abusing, and whenever she saw the bruises on the kids they just came up with excuses. Akaashi and Tasuketa knew that if they told their step-mom about the abusing, somehow their dad will find out and they will be in BIG TROUBLE. She opened the door to see her husband beating up their two children. She was horrified.

Akaashi POV:

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

My dad looked over to see his wife standing in the doorway, his face filled with horror.

"W-wait, love it's not what it looks like."

I watched as my step-mom ran over to my and my older sister, her eyes were brimming with tears.

"'It's not what it looks like' my ass! Poor babies! Are you okay?!"

She carefully rubbed both of our cheeks with her thumbs. I think she knew why we had all the bruises now..

"Why didn't you two tell me about this?"

Now she was basically breaking down.

My step-mom looked over at my dad, then looked back at us. We watched as she pulled out her phone, quickly dialing the police.

"W-wait! Please! It's not like that baby!"

"Please come over quickly! There's a- there's an abuser in my house! My husband is abusing my children, please help!"

I could hear my mom's voice breaking, it made my heart ache. Soon, she was telling the police our address.

"Thank you so much."

She hung up and furrowed her eyebrows at my dad. I clutched onto Tasuketa, digging my face into her shoulder.

"YOU BITCH! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

My dad was now screaming at my mom. This only just made me cry even harder, I didn't know what was happening.

"I'M NOW GOING TO BE FUCKING ARRESTED THANKS TO YOU. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER MARRIED YOU!"

"YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABUSING YOUR OWN FUCKING CHILDREN! DO YOU NOT SEE HOW HURT THEY ARE?"

I could hear crashing and yelling. I was so scared.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU-"

I heard his screaming being cut off and the door slamming open.

"Sir, hands up!"

The police finally arrived. It has only been a few minutes, but it felt like hours.

"Tch.."

I lifted my head off of my sister's shoulder and watched the scene. My father was standing with his hands up, my step-mom was laying on the ground, there were police with guns standing at the door.

I couldn't hear anything. My vision started to blur and my heart paced up. I started loosing my breath. I clutched my chest and tried to breathe. There were muffled noises and people touching me, but I couldn't do anything. I was so confused.

I was still in that state until I heard screaming from the door.

"YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT! GO FUCKING DIE! I HATE YOU ALL."

-

Ever since then, Akaashi has felt worthless. He started harming himself in secret, and had suicidal thoughts. His father was in jail, but that still didn't change the fact that he felt like nothing. Every night he would add one cut onto his arm. One.. by one... by one...

Up till today, he has over 30 small cuts on each arm, and even some on his legs. He's always thought about commiting suicide, but has never done it. He does this all in private, not even his sister knows about this. Akaashi and Tasuketa lived with his step-mom until his first year in high school. Due to work, she had to move to America. She left a lot of money with them so that they could survive on their own. 

They have been living peacefully, until they found out.

Their dad was coming back home in a few weeks.