8

Right when Hank enters the breakroom Jay grabs the inhaler and holds onto it. "Why do you have an inhaler, you don't have asthma." Hank says looking at Jay with a questionable look.

"No, this is my girlfriend's. She left it at my place last night." He says awkwardly.

Hank looks at me sympathetically. "The crew is talking about ordering some pizza for lunch, you guys want in?" He asks. "Sure." Jay and I say in unison. He nods and walks out of the breakroom.

"You didn't have to do that. He'll either find out, or I'll end up telling him."

He shrugs, "Figured you didn't want him to know." "True, but know when he finds out he's going to think I'm your girlfriend now, did you think about that?"

"Maybe I did, maybe not. Anyways is it a bad thing if you were to be my girlfriend?" My breathe hitches in my throat at the comment he just said.

"Yeah, don't know about that." I wink at him before washing my mug and leaving the breakroom, seeing my phone I have a new text from Liv and I smile at her name,

Liv: If we're both off work tonight want to FaceTime?

Me: Yes, I miss you and Noah so much :(

I bump into Upton who looks like she can rip my head off, "Oh I'm so sorry Hailey I-" "Just watch where you're going next time Soph." She says smiling to Jay, as he looks at me with wide eyes.

~ ~ ~

'Home sweet home' I say out loud as soon as I walk into my apartment. Putting down the bag of Chinese take-out on the island in my kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge, I look up and exhale the stressors of a day full of paperwork. I notice something black in the corner. Looking around my one bedroom apartment, I start to notice some black spots on the ceiling.

"Soph? Everything okay?" "Not sure how to answer that. Are you able to come over to my apartment? I want to show you something, and I was wondering if it could've caused the asthma." "Yea sure, I'm going to bring Will." "Thanks Connor."

"So how long did you tell Connor about the breathing?" Will asked me with a very angry face that he and Connor shared. "Literally like two days before I went to him on Sunday. It just just difficult to breathe, and my chest felt a little tight, so I thought it was me being inside all the time. So I went to take a walk, and I still didn't feel any different so I went to him Connor."

"I wonder, I'll be right back." Connor said looking up.

I hear my phone ring from the coffee table in the living room, Will looks at me with a hopeful smile, "Wipe that smile off your face, it's not who you think it is. It's my godmother from New York. Hello." I slightly squeal.

Right then I hear Connor come back in slamming the door shut.

"What was that?" I here Liv say over the speaker of the phone. "My friend, uhm I'm really sorry Liv, but can I call you later? I just have something on right now." "This isn't you getting out of boy talk is it?" I laugh, god I love and miss her so much. "Haha no, but I promise as soon as I figure out what's going on here, I'll call you." "Deal." She agrees.

"Unbelievable!" Connor says almost yelling. Will and I share a look, "What did you find out?" Will asks, because he knows I won't bother to talk to Connor when he yells. "Her upstairs neighbor had a huge mold problem, the building manager knew about it, but neither one of them could've let Sophia know about the mold infestation, and if that happened Sophia could have had her place checked and avoided all of this."