12

Warning: Mentions of rape. 

~                                                    ~ 

"Thank you guys for coming in tonight. Patrol found the body of a woman, it looks like she was raped and stabbed. Lets go to the scene, I want eyes on this. I want to make sure if this is connected or not. Soph, you're riding with me." 

I nod my head once at Kev, and we all split.  

Getting in the passenger side of my dad's car I just stare out the window, "Sophia-" 

"What dad. You already said how you feel about this. No you didn't say it, you yelled. You snapped at Adam." I say sternly moving to look at him. 

"I will apologize to him, look, you know Jay is older than you. He was dating Erin, hell he was about to propose to her." "But that was a while back, he's not that much older than me dad." "This is why I talk to Liv about this stuff. You go all overprotective dad on me. Honestly I've like Jay for a while but I didn't want to make any moves because of his history with Erin." 

We arrive at the scene and quickly get out of the car. I hear my name being called from inside the car then from behind me, I turn around to face my dad. "Yes." "I'm just trying to protect you kid, he has a past." "I know dad, I've helped him get through his PTSD before, and honestly these couple of days that I've stayed with him, he's been nothing but sweet and respectful. I thought you liked him, didn't you say before that you hope it'll be Jay to run intelligence if anything happened to you?" With that I turn and walk to the crime scene, "Hey guys, what do we got?" 

"Is it me or does she sound like Hank more and more?" Adam asks. I hear dad clear his throat with an amused smirk on his face, as I giggle. "Well you know the saying, like father like daughter." Kevin responds. "I hope not all like me." I only roll my eyes at my dad. 

"Does anyone have an extra pair of gloves I may have?" "Why don't you have any for your own, what kind of cop doesn't have gloves?" I scoffs at me "Shut up Hailey." Almost everyone says besides my dad and I, "Okay little miss princess for your information I wasn't in my car, I was in the boss' car. He doesn't touch evidence." I sternly reply rolling my eyes. 

"You guys see this?" I say reaching for the victim's mouth. Her mouth was slightly open and something white was poking out. "That looks like a piece of paper right?" I hear Hailey ask. I open the mouth of our victim to get the paper out and I open the folded piece of paper. 

       Hello my darling, it has been a few years since the last time we seen each other. I am glad that he got your attention. 

You are looking ravishing, you have a glow on you that I didn't see before. 

Like I said, I will always find you no matter what. 

XOXO see you soon my darling. 

"Who knows what that means?" "Is it from a poem or something?" I hear Kevin and Adam ask. Suddenly I feel like the night sky is getting darker, I feel like the floor under my feet is starting to give out. The park is starting to spin uncontrollably, then everything goes black. 

I wake up to bright lights, beeping, and the all too familiar smell of the hospital. Opening my eyes all the way and taking in my surroundings, it is in fact the hospital. Well shit. 

"Please get me out of here." I whisper to Jay, who is sitting on a chair right next to my bed.

"Do not listen to her Jay, keep an eye on her, she will escape." I laugh at what Connor said. "I only tried once Connor and I was what eighteen."