4

Jay's POV

"What?" "What was that all about?" "It was-I don't know, a kiss." I shrugged. 

"No, do not. Leave her alone Jay." "Excuse me, but who are you to tell me to leave her alone. What are you sleeping with Sophia?" I asked annoyed at the fact that Kevin is telling me to leave her alone. 

"What the fuck is wrong wrong with you Jay. No Sophia and I are NOT sleeping together. She is like a little sister to me, she is my best friend. And I'll be damned if you hurt her. I was there to pick up the pieces of her heart once and she's doing great." 

I put my hand over my chest to mock that I'm hurt by Kevin's words," What makes you think I'll hurt her?" "You like to lie Jay, I've seen you spiral down before and trust me it's not pretty." Kevin's voice sounds calmer now than when he first started talking, so I calmed down as well. There is no need to play 'who's the bigger macho man', he's only looking out for his best friend. 

"Alright, yes when I spiral down it's not good, but she's helped me through my PTSD before, and I get through it better when she's around me. Believe me Kev, if Voight figured out I like Sophia Voight will have my head on a plague hanging on his wall." Kevin laughed and so did I. "Look man, all I'm asking is that you treat her like she deserves. She deserves the world." 

"I know and I will." I say smiling at him just thinking about Sophia. 

Sophia's POV

"Hey dad, Kev said you were looking for me." I say as I sit on his couch facing him. "Hey kiddo, just two things and you're free to go home." I nod. Right when Hank opens his mouth to speak Al walks into the office and stands there in the corner behind Hank, "First, what was that tonight at the club?" I try to hide my smile, but it came out as a laugh instead. 

"What about it, are you asking about the whole kissing Halstead thing?" I say pointing outside right when Jay and Kevin were walking past the office. "Yes that, it didn't seem like a regular thing." Al says and Hank nods at his statement. "I knew Tommy was about to bail, so I figured I had to do something to keep the deal up and since Halstead and I were supposed to play a couple so I figured it was that or have Tommy walk." I say to both my dad and his best friend, my uncle I guess you should say. 

I hear Hank huff and I see him and Al share a look, a hint of amusement in both their eyes. "Alright, well the second thing. did you want to have diner this weekend?" "Is Al going to be there too?" I ask and I see him lift his head. After he lost his daughter I've became like a second daughter to him. "Al would you like to join?" "Diner with my best friend and with Sophia, like my second daughter and teasing her about having a crush on Jay Halstead? Yeah wouldn't miss it at all, count me in." Al says walking out of the office. 

"Wait no-I don't-don't have a crush on Jay." While Hank looks at me with a smile on his face, he nods. "Whatever dad, I'll see you tomorrow." I laugh and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hey princess, the team is going to Molly's, you want to join?" 

"Wait hold on, you were just teasing me and now you want me to join you and the rest of the team?" "Yes." Al says calmly. I shrug, "Okay, lets go uncle Al." I say smiling at him. 

Grabbing my coat I walk out with Al and head toward his car. 

At Molly's I see everyone scattered around the bar. I see Kevin, Hailee, Jay, and now Al sitting together at a table. Adam and Kim are at the bar, I really hope they get back together, they belong together. I don't see Dawson, I hope he's doing okay. Walking over to the bar I sit by myself and ordered a beer from Gabby. "Hey babe, haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?"  I sigh, "I've been the same; work, home, reading, visiting the beach." I shrug. "How about you, how's Antonio?" "He's being Antonio." She laughs as she goes attends a customer. 

Looking around I see Kevin waving me over to his table, grabbing my beer I walk over to the table he was sitting at. "Hey." I say as I awkwardly stand there. "Hey." Everyone at the table says. 

"Why were you sitting by yourself lil bit?" Kevin asks and I shrug, I've been doing that a lot tonight. "So, uhm..." I start when I get interrupted by someone. "Look who finally steps foot in Molly's after how long?" That voice sounds none other than, "Matt Casey, what's up?" I say hugging him. "Better now that I see you here again, tell me, are you staying long tonight?" He asks winking at me. "Ha, no. I was actually going to say bye to my coworkers." 

"Not so soon, I just got here. Talk to me for a bit." Matt says putting an arm around me. "Well then, I'm leaving. Jay you want to walk me out?" Hailee says with a smirk while looking at Jay. I look at Jay for a brief moment to see what his play is when he just looks at her with a blank face, "Actually I'm going to the restroom. See you tomorrow Hailee." She huffs as she makes her way to the doors. 

"Hi, excuse me, but your friend with the brown hair green eyes.." I nod at her description of Jay, "Is he taken or single? He is just absolutely good looking and I'm looking to spend tonight with someone." The blonde says while twirling her hair between her fingers. 

"I don't know, why don't you just ask him yourself." I snap at her. I look back at Matt who is talking with Kelly, so I look toward Jay and the blonde. When suddenly I see Jay glance my way, he smirks. Is he going to turn down the blonde? Can I finally tell him how I feel, I mean he did kiss me in the locker room. Oh Okay, never mind. 

"Oh hey Jay!" Matt stops Jay. I sit there and gulp down my beer and ordering a second one. "Oh hey man, how's it going?" Jay asks him. "Not bad, just about to ask Sophia if she wants to go home." Matt says winking at Jay. Jay balls his fist at his actions. 

"Or Sophia can go home by herself. Herrmann may you call me a cab please." I say pushing past both men, and a very horney blonde. 

I keep walking to the door even though I hear my name being called. "Hey Herrmann cancel the cab. Kim and I will take her home. I don't trust the men in Chicago." "You got it Adam." Herrmann nods in agreement. 

"What did you guys do, she finally comes to Molly's and now the both of you just ruined it." Adam says while he catches up with Kim and I.