23

Looking around the street I notice some cameras around the scene. "Has anyone looked at the cameras yet?" I ask. "We were about to ask for the tapes." Said Adam, looking at Hailey and Kim. "Ye-" "Actually I'm taking Sophia. You guys work on the tapes and get together with Kevin and Jay once they take the witness' statement. 

"Okay, yeah. We'll get to work Sarge." Adam says slowly walking away. "So, what's up dad?" "How was the appointment?" "It-it was okay. The doctor said everything is healing perfectly." I shrug off. 

"Get in." I do as I am told, and get into the Dodge Durango. He doesn't even look at me, he just starts the car and drives off. "Where are we going dad?" No response. We've been driving for around fifteen minutes. "Where are we go-" I am silenced by the location where he parks on the side of the road. "Why are we here?" I ask feeling annoyed just by being here. "To talk about what happened. You've been different these past three months." "Because I was shot. Last time I remember, getting shot can change a person." I snap getting out of the car. 

"Sophia, have you spoken to anyone about what happened that day? You were out for a few days." "What is there to talk about dad? I was shot, that I lost allot of blood. Because that's exactly what happened." I turn to face him. "You need to talk to someone, holding it in isn't good for you." 

"What is there to talk about dad. The fact that I was on my death bed? I was in lingo. That I sat in a room that looked like a theater with mom sitting next to me, talking about the loving and happy memories I've had. How she told me that.." I lower my voice and turn to look at him, "How she told me that she misses us and how she and Justin are always looking out for us." 

He makes his way towards me opening his arms to embrace me in a hug. "I imagined she would be. Kid, I know it's hard. This is something no one should go through. But I swear to you, this will never happen to you again. As a cop, and as my daughter." As he said those words the tears start to flow out. 

"I'm sorry dad." I cry out. "It's okay kid, it's okay. Come on, let's grab something to eat and bring the rest of the unit something." "Okay." I whisper. 

"Hey baby, need some help?" Jay asks as I try to get the pizza boxes from the back seat of my dad's car. "Yes, she does. Don't let her tell you otherwise." Hank says. Laughing and looking at my boyfriend, "Yes, please. Thank you babe." I give him a kiss on the cheek opening the door for him. 

"Hey guys, we brought pizza." Hank tells the unit. "You Voight's are the best!" Adam adds. "Careful Adam, you may want to save some pizza for the rest of us." Kevin adds. 

"Where's Kim and Hailey?" I hear Hank question. And as if on cue we hear Hailey's voice come through the radios. "5021 Henry we have suspect in custody. On the way back to the district." "That was quick." Adam says looking at the radio grabbing a slice of pizza. 

"Great job Kim and Hailey. Alright everyone, I guess we can wait until tomorrow to fill out the paperwork. You can go home." Hank says as the whole team looks at him shocked. "Who are you and what have you done with my father." I look at him suspiciously. "No where. I want to give you all an early night." 

"Does anyone want to take some pizza home? If not I'm about to take them all home." "I call a box!" Hailey yells out from the locker room. "Ruz you better not walk out of here with three boxes. You're taking two and Hailey and I are taking one each." Kevin threatens Adam. 

"You ready babe?" Jay whispers in my ear. "Yeah, let me just grab my bag from my locker. You don't want a box of pizza to take?" I ask looking at him as I sit next to him on the bench. "I was thinking maybe going out or staying in and cooking?" The last part comes out more of a question. "Wh-" 

"Bye guys, see you tomorrow." Hailey says waving at us. "Drive safe, see you tomorrow." I wave at her. "Bye Hails." Jay adds also waving. "What do you want to do babe?" I ask caressing my hand around Jay's cheek. "Can we cook? And I promise to take you out this weekend?" Giving Jay a peck on the cheek, "You don't have to promise to take me out baby." I hug him. "I know, I just want to take you out."