27

"Herrmann! Our drinks are on me tonight!" Adam exclaims out. "What's the celebration?" Herrmann looks amused. "I'm getting married!" Adam yells out embracing Kim in a hug, giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

"The question is, is it happening this time?" Jay asks Adam in a low voice so that Kim doesn't hear him. I look over at him confused. 

"Jay, Soph, what will it be?" Herrmann asks. "Two beers." Herrmann nods his head passing Jay the two beers.  

Finding a seat in a corner I sit across from Jay, "So what did you mean when you asked Adam 'if its happening this time?'" I ask taking a sip of my beer. "They were engaged before. But honestly, I don't think he was ready to be in a marriage. While Kim was making the plans and preparations, he wanted Kim to postpone the date. Then I heard Erin and Kim talk one night and he wanted to postpone them moving in together. So Kim broke off the engagement." 

I glance over at Kim and Adam and instantly felt anger and sadness.

"That's not nice, nor fair. Marriage is, well should be an absolute thing. A woman shouldn't feel the ping of anger and sadness of being told to postpone everything." Jay stands and is standing right next to me. Grabbing the beer bottle out of my hand, taking my hands in his, "I want to make a promise to you. Right here, and right now. I promise that I will never postpone any important dates. And the biggest promise I'm going to make to you is to never leave you standing alone at the alter." 

What Jay says last catches me completely off guard. Standing at the alter, what was he trying to say here? 

"What are you saying exactly?" "All I am saying is that I wouldn't leave anyone at the alter." Jay nonchalantly. "Oh." Is all that I can manage out of my mouth. Jay sensing the sudden mood change, took my hand in his and led me out the door. 

"Jay where are we going?" 

"We're going back home." Jay bluntly states. Baffled I follow Jay back to his truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I wake up to the smell of coffee and pancakes. Pulling the covers off my naked body I walk to his drawer. Grabbing the first shirt that I see and slipping it on. I make my way to the kitchen where I see him flipping a pancake cursing under his breathe when it's a little burnt.

Snaking my arms around his waist I lay soft, gentle kisses along his back and shoulder blades. His hands suddenly meet mine. 

I can definitely get used to waking up every morning like this. 

"I was supposed to bring you breakfast in bed. What are you doing up?" He frowns. Giggling at him, "Well the smell of pancakes made me wake up. You can still bring me breakfast in bed, you know." I suggest wiggling my eyebrows. He turns around still within my grasp, "Oh really?" I simply nod my head. 

Now that we're both catching our breathes, we both just lay there on the bed. My head laying on his chest, hearing his heartbeat. Both arms holding me in place. This is perfection. 

"I love you." I can sense the smile on Jay's face. 

"I want you to move in with me." Grabbing the sheets to cover my naked chest, I sit up and look down at him. 

"Seriously?" 

"I know it feels a little sudden, but, I mea-" Crashing my lips against his cutting him off, "When do you want to start?" I ask him. Now it was his turn to say the same, "Seriously?! God I love you so much Sophia Voight." 

"I love you Jay Halstead." I whisper out to him. I plant another soft kiss to his lips. We just stare into each others' eyes. I feel like this is completely surreal. 

"I have never fell for someone as hard nor as fast as I fell for you Halstead." I continue to whisper to him. I trace random lines around his chest. Everyone may think it's silly falling for someone so quickly, but right now, at this moment it feels right. This feels like home. 

Jay slides his hands around my body and pulls me closer to him. "I, Jay Halstead, am completely in love you Soph. I will never let you go. And I will definitely never let anything happen to you." He says as he plants a soft kiss onto my lips. Suddenly, the kiss gets more heated by the second. 

Suddenly Jay is pulling me on top of him. His hands are moving up and down my back soothingly. One of my hands is holding me up while the other is caressing his cheek. His hands move lower and lower with each pass, finally setting on my ass. Giving them a small squeeze, I smile against his lips. "Lets make love baby." 

I can feel the excitement between my legs as I'm straddling Jay. I also can feel him getting hard under me. I reach down between us to grab him softly. I position him at my entrance and I slide down onto him. A small moan escapes both of our lips. I move up and down at a slow pace enjoying the feeling. The only thing heard around the apartment is our moans and slightly heavy breathing. Jay moves his hips meeting me halfway as I'm sliding back down him. We start picking up the pace soon enough. In one swift move he moves us around so that he is the one on top. Taking a nipple in his mouth I reach my hand down and adding extra pressure to the bundle of nerves. Jay's thrusts become deeper and harder the more I call out his name. "Call out my name baby. I want everyone to know who is giving you this pleasure." Jay growls in my ear. With that statement alone could've been enough to set me on the edge. I continue to call out his name. "I want to feel you cumming on me Soph. I'm ready." With that we both reach our high. Our moans are lingering in the air with a small hint of our names to them. 

Jay then collapses on top of me as we try to even out our breathes. I plant small kisses all over his face and around his shoulder. 

"Come on, lets get cleaned up for diner." "Diner?" I ask, remembering the poor pancakes that were left on the counter top. Kissing my forehead Jay points to the clock on the night stand revealing sure enough that it is indeed diner time. 

Sorry for updating late. How is everyone? 

But holy shit guys, we made it to 22.7k!!!!! 

Thank you to everyone who is reading this. It means a lot to me , I hope you all are liking it! <3