7

"So what's the deal with you and Jay?" "What do you mean?" I look at him a little confused. I wrap my arms around myself while we walk in the cool night. "I mean the both of just at each other, but then start to argue and tease each other. Its like you guys were married and now the both of you are trying to get the other one back." I scoff at Will.

"What do you mean you're not coming?!" I hear from across the street. Will and I share a look and turn around to figure out what drunk is being dramatic. "Is that Jay?" We both say in unison. As we reach my car is turn on the auto start, "Well aren't you fancy. Starting your car before you get in." Will says smugly, "Ha, get yourself a Dodge Dart. I mean there are many other cars will that option."

"No, fuck you!" We both heard.

"Do you think its the chick that was Jay, or someone else?"  I ask Will. "Only one way to find out." We turn around once again to see Jay being pushed away from the brunette. "Look I'm sorry, but I can't be with you without seeing someone else." "Well baby, I can pretend to be her, or him." Will and I laugh.

"Either she talks loud or I didn't park away enough." I giggle, and Will pushes me lightly.

"It's going to be a her, and no. You are nothing like her, only the hair color that's it. She's an amazing person who is caring and selfless. And she loves reading, and I know for a fact she would rather be nose deep in a book than be hanging off a guy. I'll pay the cab driver for you."

"Don't bother, I'll just go home with someone who wants me."

"Well that was enough drama for me. I'm getting in my car and leaving." "You're blushing." "No I'm not."

"Soph, I'm standing right next to you, yes you are." "Shut up." "Great defense. Really." I narrow my eyes at him walking to the drivers side of my car.

"We're going to talk about this, me and you." He says pointing at me while walking away. Then suddenly I hear Will yell out to Jay, I look up over the steering wheel to see Jay pointing to what seemed my car. 'great, this is going to be awkward on Monday.' I say to myself.

~                                      ~                                     ~

The next morning I wake up to the sun beaming into my room. I grab the extra pillow that's on my bed and throw it in the direction of the window, 'five more minutes, stop shining through my window.' I groan.

'Why do I hear talking, who the hell is in my apartment' I say under my breathe a bit panicked. Grabbing my gun from the nightstand drawer next to my bed I walk to my room door and open it slightly. Sneaking out of my room and toward the talking I hear with my gun drawn, "CPD!" I say with my gun pointing the other person in my apartment.

"Why the hell are guys here? What time is it anyways?" "Well for starters I did say we were going to talk about what happened last night outside of Molly's." Will said trying not to laugh. "Well he told me what happened and well I used your extra key to come inside seeing how you weren't answering the door. I just want to hang out with my best friend."

"But Soph sweetie, you should go and put some pants on." Kev tells me snickering.

I look down and realize I'm in an oversized t-shirt and only in underwear underneath that. "Yeah, I'm going to go do that." I say blushing.

"He clearly has feelings for you girl so why don't you make a move?" Kev asks sipping on some orange juice.

"You heard him telling that other girl." Will adds. "Okay, but how do you know he's talking about me. I mean there's a lot more brunette girls in Chicago, and there's girls out there who like to read too." I get up from the island in the kitchen and put my plate in the sink.