Chapter 16

"We are made of flesh that bruises and bleeds, bones that break, and a mind that is susceptible to wild mood swings."

― Kilroy J. Oldster

See this quote up there? Imprint it in your brain, as life will bring you many such moments where this mere quote will give you faith. Now, when I say 'faith', I don't mean fealty.

What I mean, is faith in the fact that people can have tremendous mood changes_ even when the change seems impossible.

Remember when I portrayed the horrific scene of two people looking fully murderous and getting ready to kill each other. At that time, even if the whole world would have sworn that things could go well, I would have slapped hard every single person of the entire universe. But hold your horses_ the scene went_ completely diverse, to my expectations. I don't think my explanation is that vivid to help you all explain the details well. So, let's have a flashback:

Taking the bag strap, I get out of the car and follow Landon, keeping my eyes down and making sure I don't have a look at Xavier.

But we all know that God has other plans for us. Xavier's deep voice makes me stop at my track with Landon, who now, with protection, shoves me behind him. A glare also takes Xavier's face, and he begins to come to us with slow and regular steps but dangerous_ determined for something. Landon, too, seems completely pissed off. I can't help but think things are going to get disastrous.

"Landon! Calm down. Please don't make a scene! I beg him, looking frantically around to make sure no one is paying attention to us.

He turns at me, and all it takes is his glare for me to keep my mouth shut.

Xavier finally stops in front of us and eyes me upside down before turning his face towards Landon, who now is fuming with anger and clenching his fist. I don't understand this rebellious nature of boys. Like, why is it important to give 'head ripping of signals'?

For a minute or two, both of these men stand there glaring at each other, figuring God knows what. And then a smile makes its way on Xavier's face. Shocking? Well, Miracles happen.

"And I finally get to meet the famous Landon." Xavier breaks the silence with a smug look.

I am surprised that he remembers Landon's name. Thank God he didn't verbalize it wrong, or things would have gotten worse.

" Glad I also got to meet the bloated Xavier Evan." Landon asserts sarcastically, making my eyes go wide.

Please, Landon just shut with the sarcasm. My life doesn't need any more drama.

Xavier gives a deep chuckle shaking his head, and continues to speak.

"I think we need to have a little talk."

"We surely do," Landon replies with a cold nod, still eyeing Xavier like the most wanted criminal in the world.

Flashback ends.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, with these two sentences, both of these men_ well no, paradoxical is a better word.

So, these two paradoxical men leave me standing like a goofy all alone, figuring what just happened a minute ago.

So, this is what I have been wondering since my biology lesson started.

"Hailey?" Hazel's voice brings me back to the present world (eye roll).

"Humm?" I ask, looking at her. She looks pretty good, with burgundy lipstick and a tight pony.