Chapter 10

"Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die."  My Mom advices me for the hundredth time, clearly annoyed by my constant change of mind about forgiving Xavier. Believe me when I say, my mom literally forgives everything. I mean everything. However, this isn't the case with me.  I can never forget and forgive. This is why I and my mother are polar inimical and this is why I am reluctant to follow her advice. 

"Mom he is an egoistic bastard!" I defend pouting.

"I don't know what you want to hear and what kind of language are you using young lady?" Mom rolls her eyes 

Frustrated with my own self, I am on the verge of plucking my hair out, my feet tapping in a constant motion, and my head about to burst from the extreme pain.

Mom, as if sensing the ballgame, changes her posture and puts on a kind and sweet motherly face. And this is exactly want I need_ motherly affection.

She places a hand on my shoulder, rubbing soft warm circles with her thumb and then continues to speak:

" Hailey, you need to be familiar with the act of forgiveness. Why are you making your life so hard? This isn't something worth the brunt your putting yourself through. Learn to forget and forgive. Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too. What he did is his caliber and what you decide to do, will define you. And Honey I know it is very difficult to be oblivion to all those harsh words, but this is my Hailey we are taking about. Hailey itself means precious, kind and peaceful. So, how cannot you forgive that boy. And believe me Hailey I know, how eager you are to forgive. It's just your internal battle confusing you. So, let it go, and be easy." 

I didn't realize my when eyes started watering. Yes, I know emotional me. 

"So I am giving him another chance, that's done." I state firmly, nodding to myself.

"That's my girl." My Mom hugs  squeezing a little too much, suffocating me.

"Okay Mom, that's it." I beg, my voice an utter whisper due to the pressure.

This mother and daughter precious moment breaks the very moment my cell phone rings.

My sight halt at the name on the screen_ "Mia Evans"_ and I remember I have a student to teach.

Jumping from my bed, on a dime I go for my wardrobe and start shuffling my cloths, finding something appropriate to wear.  No doubt a herculean effort. 

My mom gives me a questionable look to which I shout, "The Evan". She gives a sarcastic reply, which I couldn't decipher due to the hustle bustle and leaves me in my warzone. 

Finally after an eternity, I take a look in the spotted mirror of my room_ the peach and white floral sundress, with white sandals and loose curls was giving me a sophisticated look.

................................................................................................................ 

After about half an hour of the bumpy ride I reach the, Evan's mansion. All of the previous events start thumping back in my head, and I shake my head, entering the place. 

I sit on the nearby beige colored sofa, my foot constantly tapping and nervous shivers running down my body. After a minute or two, an apparition comes into my view. I peek from the side of my eye, and devise that the apparition is Ajax.

My face turns towards him, when I feel a dip beside me. 

"Hi." I greet with a polite smile.

"Hi Hailey. Thanks for coming again."