Chapter 4

"Turn him into stars and form a constellation in his image. His face will make the heavens so beautiful that the world will fall in love with the night and forget about the garish sun"— this 
asseveration from 'Romeo and Juliet', has been on mind since Xavier opened the door.  My mind is still in frenzy—how can someone be so enticing? What scares me even more is my unbridled reverberation towards him.

"Hailey."

"Hailey!" The  atrocious voice takes me out of dazzle and I turn facing Landon, noticing his anxious eyes on me; one of his hand now on my wrist—giving me a little shake.

"Hmm"? 

 I grasp him rolling his eyes, clearly piqued.

"Won't you greet Xavier"? Landon orates, with a—"Come back to your senses" look.

OH Xavier...

Oh My God Xavier!

Hailey why do you have to embarrass your self always?

Now he knows you ogle at him. Good. Very freaking good. 

Reluctantly, I move my eyes towards Xavier, catching his eyes already trailed on me, clearly entertained with my backlash; a contemptuous smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh sorry! Hi, I am"—I take a lacuna and then continue; looking him straight in the eyes, trying to sound normal—Hailey." 

"Xavier." He states with authority and then nods; his deep voice causing my body to galvanize.

"Usher in". He continues, and then turns, motioning us to follow him.

"What was that? You looked a numskull." Landon whisper-yells at me, squinting his eyes.

" What was what?" I whisper-yell back, with a higher intensity.

"You were veritably drooling". He states as a matter of fact.

"I was not." I elbow him defensively.

"You were."

" I was not." I yammer; soon hearing a clearing of throat.

Huffing, I face Xavier, finding him looking at us with a bored expression. Landon shakes his head at me giving me a purport through his constipated expression—"I swear Hailey you are a symbol of public embarrassment" —and then moves towards Xavier.

"Jerk." I mumble and follow them.

The noise of music was now auricular. Taking in the milieu, I realize, a lot—probably the whole school was invited. During my 'little' quarrel with Landon, I didn't even realize when we reached here.

 I let my gaze wander and probe— Some people dancing around  like little toy robots, to the beat of the fast music. As the crowd of people  continues to grow , you find excitement through the massive doors that everyone is waiting to walk through. Two steps inside and and it looks like it's a magical world of disco lights, laser beams, and the irreplaceable glow of black lights shinning on people. Everyone smiling and having such a good time. The D J moving people in ways no one has ever done before.  Bodies of young men and women dancing around as if something has possessed their bodies. Men wearing an under shirt, or no shirt at all, and pants;  eyeing the women who strut around in tank tops and tight dance pants or skirts, and who are smiling, and letting all their worries go away.

I then, leer my outfit—"ludicrous"is the only word to describe it. But, then again when did I ever wear skirts and dresses. Nope, not my thing at all; showing off skin isn't a part of my palate.