Chapter 2

lassitude—Boredom,  is like a malignancy, and we— student's are subjected to it everyday. Yes, I am ambitious but not a bibliophile. Listening and committing  elongated lectures is not my cup of tea. I am more of a student who studies at the last minute, but manages to nail every exam. Thanks to my witty brain. Oh, and don't mind if I sound a bit narcissist. I am a very veracious person; if I highlight my assets, I will also point out my faults_ though the day comes once in a blue moon_ So, wait patiently for it. 

Biology lesson was like spending an eternity of misery. This was the boredom I was taking about. Never can I have a  soft corner for this subject.

As we all four have a free lesson after the first one, so wanting to lift up my sullen mood, I decide to depart to the cafe. Believe me when I say, " Food is the best elixir to elate your mood."  We all proceed and take  our very usual spot; the first bench— closest, if you want to place an order; the perks of being popular. 

Hazel and Lily sit on either side of me, while as Landon was the last to approach, he correlate with the strident approach and shove Lily to a side, while making his place between her and me. I response to his dense act with an eye roll.

" What the hell dude?" Lily freaks out at Landon, hitting him on his shoulder and causing an animal-like growl erupting from him.

" Oww! God, Lily you have hands of a horse." Landon whines, rubbing his shoulder.

" Seriously Landon? Hands of a horse? You really need to work on your English skills." Hazel opines unimpressed, to which Landon smirks.

" Babe, how about you give me some private lessons? I assure you positive results." Landon says coquettishly, raising his eyebrows at her suggestively while pressing me hard between both of them, trying to reach her.  

Not wanting to be crushed, I jerk Landon, jump from the bench and push him towards Hazel, as a result of which he lands on her. I, Lily and soon most of the people around us erupt into laughter, water literally coming out of my eyes. 

But all the merriment in me fades, as my eyes set upon the expression on their faces—lurid. That's when I hear the life saving voice of Lily, " Run Hails! they literally are gonna kill you this time."

So, without looking anywhere else, I run. I run hard, without looking back; excitement erupting through my body, Hazel's and Landon's cursing still audible. But I don't dare to look back— the fear of being caught too copious for me. So, without counting minutes, I run and then finally after an aeon, I stop— when no more voices seem audible. 

Still dubious, I look back while running and all of a sudden my body impacts with a sort of impediment, causing  it to imbalance. I close my eyes tight for a collision, but felt none. Opening  them slowly, a blue-eyed apparition comes into my view. My eyes widen a bit more, realizing that it is a boy of around my age. Finally, coming back to my senses, I jerk my wrist back form his hand, and lever myself up. 

Taking in his  appearance, I notice he has blond hair; which his wears in a taper fade style. His jaw made with utter elegance, a Romanesque nose, and a well-toned body. Above all, his ocean blue eyes and a  roguish expression added a perfect glint to his cool personality.

A clearing of throat brings me back to the ambiance, and I raise my eyes looking befuddled.  

What? The image of two breath-taking boys in a single day is a lot to take. 

" You seem— the blue-eyed person pauses, looking at me with his eyebrows ceased, and seeming to find a suitable word to add next— interesting."  

" I am sorry?" I question, not really taking the meaning behind his sentence.

He gives a chuckle, and shakes his head. " I am Ajax Evans, and you?"