Chapter 10

(Yall. The chemistry is starting also I know this is long af, sorry? ;)

After getting pulled out of my own thoughts I tune back into my surroundings. Now everyone is around me and talking about going home, I make eye contact with Nate since I already knew he was looking at me. We grin evilly at each other and then look at Alex.

"It's fine if you all want to go home, but Nate and I promised someone we'd go to his party. So-," I say looking innocently up at my brother who looks at me incredulously.

"Deuces," Nate finishes my sentence for me and grabs my arm, starting to pull me away from our group.

Looking over my shoulder, much to my amusement my brother still has the stupid expression plastered on his face while his friends look at Nate and me and try extremely hard not to laugh at how little of a fuck we give.

Finally taking action, Alex snaps out of whatever stupor he was momentarily put into and speed walks over to us and catches up. He firmly, yet gently grabs my arm and places his other hand on Nate's shoulder.

"I find out my little sister and my surrogate little brother are illegal street racers and you think you can just go to a party right after?" he looks at us as if we just lost our goddamn minds. To be fair I knew he would have something to say, I was just hoping we could leave faster than his brain could catch up.

"Well, we were hoping-," Nate and I say simultaneously.

"Brutos.(Idiots)" Alex says while looking at us with a mix of frustration and humor.

"Alex, based on what your sister said she isn't going to stop doing this. You can't force her either, not only is that not the type of person you are, it isn't your place, all you can hope is that she stays safe. Plus, you do illegal shit too, you can't be that much of a hypocrite." Much to my surprise, a deep, rich voice speaks behind Alex.

Looking over Alex's shoulder, I see Marco standing there looking at my brothers back with an eyebrow raised as if waiting for his response.

Alex looks over his shoulder and gives Marco a scathing glare that could make any grown man scared. This man's response is to simply shrug, put his hands up in surrender, and smile mockingly at my brother. Once he turns around when no one is looking, he sends me a wink with a small grin plastered on his face. Well damn. Looking back at my brother, he has his brows furrowed and sent a glance at Marco but seems to drop it.

"We are having a serious conversation once we get home you two," he looks meaningfully at Nate and me. We simply nod at him.

"Well now that's over with, you said something about a party?" it's the first time Zion has talked to me directly. I'm assuming it's Zion since my brother talks about him from time to time, and he fits the description. He has an easy-going air around him and has a small smile directed at me and Nate along with his question. His smooth, dark skin seems to glow in the moonlight, and his ear-piercings glint in the light.

Not being able to resist, I shot him a small smile of my own. "Yeah, I did. If you want you can all come too."

I then come to the realization that these are the two men that came into my house with an unconscious Alex all those months ago. Huh, well would you look at that.

I look around all of them and Alex seems to be considering it even though he hates the fact he is. I look at the girl, whose name I still don't know and her eyes seem to light up at the mention of a party. I realize that we haven't even been properly introduced, the only reason I know Zion and Marco is because of my brother's vague description of his best friends.