Chapter Fourteen - Steve

The next day, we made headline news.

Meet the Five Young and Sexy Women who saved of the MILFs of Don't Worry Darling!

From there, articles just kept pouring in. By the end of the day, all the internet could talk about was us, and how hot and cool we were. We were trending on twitter, a song about us went viral on Tiktok, and Buzzfeed released a quiz so readers could find out which MIT they really were!

Over the next weeks, we were interviewed on every talk show, radio station, and newspaper. We were being invited to every event, not just to protect the MILF attendees, but to be honored ourselves.

At Florence Pugh's birthday party, we were introduced to Saoirse Ronan. Although the shock of meeting her almost killed us, her invitation to The French Dispatch premiere pushed us over the edge.

"Frances Mcdormand is going to be there!" Maria squealed as we got ready for bed later that day. "Frances. Fucking. Mcdormand!!"

"I know!" I shouted, and pointed at her Vogue cover that I had taped to the wall.

"Are we ignoring the fact that Elizabeth Moss is also in the movie?" Scarlett said.

"She's a Scientologist, Scarlett." Alara pointed out.

"I know, but she's hot!" Scarlett whined. "I know we learning about the difference between MILFs who use their powers for good, versus those who don't, but they're all hot! That's the whole point of MILFs!"

"Yes, but not all MILFs are equal." I cautioned.

"Oh, you know who else is going to be there." Scarlett changed the subject. "Timothee Chalamet."

"Ew!" We all groaned, then laughed.

"Do we even know if he is a MILF ally?" Jaeden asked.

"It's so hard to tell. On one hand, he works with a lot of hot MILFs. On the other, he is like, too close to being an incel." Maria said.

"The MILF council has been trying to figure him out for years." Alara told us. "Mitsuko told us the we should find out, if we can."

A week later, we were on the red carpet again. 

"Hopefully the theater won't explode this time." Scarlett joked.

"Don't jinx it!" Maria chided. She looked around for a piece of wood, but couldn't find any. "If anything goes wrong, you're the one you manifested it."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, then grabbed my arm. "Look! There she is!"

France Mcdormand had walked right up to us.

"Hi!" Maria said shyly, then smiled and looked down.

"Hello. I'm Frances Mcdormand." She said, and shook our hands. 

"I'm a big fan, Frances." She took Frances' hand and shook vigorously.

"Alright..." Frances said, eyeing Maria. She finally got her hand free, and quickly walked away.

"Did I really just embarrass myself in front of her?" Maria cringed. "I can't believe I did that."

"Ha!" Scarlett let out a loud chuckle, which made Jaeden burst in a fit of laughter.

"Hello there!" A cheery Irish voice called out. Saoirse Ronan had found us. "It's nice to see you again."

"Hey Saoirse Ronan." Scarlett said nervously. This time Maria poked Scarlett and laughed.

"There's someone I want you to meet. He's a dear friend of mine. Timmy!" She beckoned over a malnourished, pale creature with a giant mop of hair.

"Hey, uh, what's up you guys, uh-" Timothee Chalamet smiled with eyes that showed no thought in them. He was clearly struggling to put a coherent sentence together. "Um, yeah, so umm, uh, huh?"

Saoirse patted him on the back, like you would pet a mindless pet dog. "Okay buddy. Why don't you show them to their seats?" She asked him this as if she was used to assigning him simple tasks.

"Oh, uh, yeah, totally! Yeah, um, I can do that, yeah." He said. He guided us into the building, and turned down a hallway.

"Umm, are you sure this is the way?" Scarlett questioned him.

"Yeah. No totally. I'm like, pretty sure this is the way." He said, and turned down another carpeted hallway. "Yeah, this is it."

He turned into the men's bathroom.

"Oh bud, this is not it." Maria told him. "Do you want us to bring you back to Saoirse?"

At the mention of his friend, he brightened up, but then he looked sad. "Look, uh, you girls seem really nice, like you probably wouldn't have a group chat devoted to bullying me. So I'm uh, like really sorry for this."

Then a pair of hands grabbed me and pulled us into the bathroom.