Chapter Eighteen - Alara

Everywhere I looked, there was another musical icon. The lobby was full of hot, sexy, and talented women.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Jaeden said next to her. "I think that's Phoebe Bridgers. I think that's Phoebe Bridgers"

"Get a hold of yourself." Maria told her. Jaeden had started to hyperventilate.

"We are all equally excited, but we need to keep calm." Steve said, looking around the crowd.

 Of course Ed Sheeran wasn't invited to the Grammy's, but we had to keep our guard up. He, or anyone of his accomplices could be here in disguise. A single tear streamed out of Jaeden's eye.

"For fucks's sake!" Scarlett slapped her. "Get a grip!"

Jaeden took a deep breath. "I know. I will. I am."

She started to calm down but then started to shake again. I rolled my eyes, until I realized what she was looking at. Taylor Swift was in front of us.

"Oh hey!" She said. " You're with World Wide MILFs, right?"

Taylor Swift was looking at me. All my life I had dreamed of this moment. The most talented song writer and performer in the world. Ed had known Taylor for years,  and she had even been over to the house. But he never let me meet her. I considered that to be his greatest cruelty. Not the excessive chores, the lack of love, or the emotional abuse. But the fact that he had withheld Taylor from me. And now she was here.

"Do you want to sit with me?" She asked us.

"Uh, duh!" Scarlett said. We followed her out of the lobby and up the stairs.

"This is my private box." She told us, and gestured to sit down.

"But Taylor, aren't you nominated this year? How are you going to accept your award from up here?" I wondered.

"Ugh." She said with a wave of her hand. "I'm nominated every year. I'm so tired of making those speeches! When I win they'll just mail the trophy to my house."

"Of course!" I said. Taylor Swift should not be expected to do a single thing she doesn't want to do.

"The shows beginning!" Jaeden brought my attention away from Taylor's face and to the stage.

The night went as expected. Trevor Noah delivered his monologue, and opened the show. All of this year's biggest musicians performed. The expected nominees won.

But then Olivia Rodrigo came onstage to perform Driver's License. As she sat down at the piano and began singing, I became mesmerized. Only a spotlight illuminated the stage, and she was capturing the audience with her pure emotions.

It was one of the most beautiful and perfect moments I had ever experienced.

So of course, Ed Sheeran had to ruin it.

"Surprise!" He yelled, as he came onstage. The spotlight shifted to him. He was wearing a horrible glittery white suit, and brandishing an array of weapons. "Guess my invitation got lost in the mail."

I don't know how it was possible, but he looked way worse than when I had seen him last, being carried away, unconscious, after his attack at the Don't Worry Darling premiere.

His new act reminded me of the Joker in the worst way possible. His eyes were wide, and kept sweeping around the room. He seemed jittery, full of dangerous energy.

"Everyone always forgets about little ol' Ed! Nobody ever invites Ed Sheeran." He had gone crazy. He continued to talk to the audience. He hadn't done anything dangerous yet, but it was only a matter of time. And Olivia was still onstage! Somebody had to save her.

I lunged towards the door, but James Corden stood in front of it.

"Boo!" He said.