The Dancing Lawn

We arrived at the Dancing Lawn and I saw that many Narnians had already gathered, but they didn't seem too pleased when they saw Caspian. I could feel some of them eyeing me too, probably because I was also human. I felt like a witch being burned at the stake. they were shouting at us, especially Caspian, roaring insults, telling him to leave.

"Kill him!"

"Telmarine!"

"Liar!"

"Murderer!"

Then, Nikabrik spoke up. "All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!"

"I didn't steal anything." Cas replied.

"Didn't steal anything? Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?" A minotaur shouted from the crowd.

"Our homes!"

"Our land!"

"Our freedom!"

"Our lives!"

"You stole Narnia!"

I had read about this sort of persecution in my own world. I had had enough. "You would hold him accountable for all the crimes of his people?"

"Accountable...and punishable."

"That is rich coming from you, dwarf. Have you forgotten it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?" Reepicheep stepped in.

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians."

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back. Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan now? Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well that Narnia was never right except when a Son of Adam was king." The voice of wisdom has spoken again. Trufflehunter always seems to know just what to say to diffuse tension.

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?"

Does this guy ever stop nagging?

"Because I can help you."

"It's a trick!" I heard someone shout from the crowd.

"At least hear him out!" I yelled back. Cas looked at me.

"Beyond these woods, I'm a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine! Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us."

"It is true. The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as it is yours to remember, badger. Tarva, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens. And now here, a Son of Adam and a Daughter of Eve have come forth to offer us back our freedom."

I have no idea what Glenstorm just said but it sounded very...majestic.

"Is this possible? Do you really think there could be peace? Do you? I mean, really?" A squirrel said.

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals...or dwarves... or centaurs. Yet here you are in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magic or not, it brought us together. And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours."

Did he rehearse that or did he just come up with that off the top of his head?

Glenstorm pulled out his sword from its sheath. "If you will lead us, then my sons and I...offer you our swords."

"And we offer you our lives, unreservedly." Reep said, pulling out his own sword.

I guess it was my turn to chime in. "Well I've got nothing better to do. I'm in."

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire."

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons. I'm sure they will be here soon." Cas said.

I couldn't help but feel a chill down my spine as he said that.