Meeting the Pevensies

~Sarah's POV~

We were walking back from the mission. Caspian decided to scout ahead. A couple minutes later I heard swords clashing. I rushed to where I heard the noise. "Stop," I yelled.

"No, stop!" a little girl yelled at the same time. Cas was trying to get a sword out of the tree behind him while a blond boy was holding a rock over his head, ready to knock Cas out. The rest of our ragtag army came out and the boy looked surprised. "Prince Caspian?" the blond said.

"Yes? And who are you?"

"Peter!" A young girl around my age came running along with Trumpkin and a younger dark haired boy. Cas looked at the sword in his hand and back up at the blond boy. "High King Peter."

"I believe you called." He replied.

"Well, yes, but...I thought you'd be older."

"If you like, we could come back in a few years-" he replied sarcastically. I tried to stifle my laugh.

"No. No, that's all right. You're just...You're not exactly what I expected." he said looking over at the people next to Trumpkin. I saw Caspian's gaze linger on the young girl's. She was very beautiful. Even though I don't blame him for staring, it still hurts.

"Neither are you." said the dark haired boy, looking at a minotaur.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes."

"Have you ever considered writing fortune cookies then.... You know cookies who have a prediction in them... anyone?" I try to explain by seeing the confused look on Caspian's face.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service." Reepicheep stepped in, bowing to the blond, who is apparently a king.

"Oh, my gosh, he is so cute." said the little girl.

"Who said that?"

"Sorry."

"Your Majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe "courageous", "courteous," or "chivalrous" might more befit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter said.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire."

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get."

"Well, then, you will probably be wanting yours back." Cas said, handing Peter back his sword.

//

As we were walking back to the How, Peter and Edmund came up to me. "So, where are you from Sarah?" Peter asked me.

"Believe it or not, I'm not from this world. I was born in a place called America."

"Really? we're from England." Edmund replied.

"No way! I've always wanted to go there! Although, I heard the food is pretty terrible."

"Obviously with the war, everything is harder, but we manage. That's why mum sent us to the countryside at the beginning of the war but now we're back in London." Peter replied, looking at his younger brother.

"War? What war?"

"The war against the Germans!"

"War against the Germans? You mean World War II! That was decades ago.

"What are you talking about? It's 1941."

"Ok, now I'm confused! When were you born?"

"I was born in 1924, Susan in 1925, Edmund in 1928 and Lucy in 1931" Peter replied.

"Dude, you're old enough to be my grandparents!" I smirk and laugh with them before stopping and getting stuck behind Glenstorm and the rest of the troops. As I looked up, I could see Caspian looking at us. He seems upset, I wonder why.

"What's wrong Cas?" I ask, putting a gentle hand on his shoulder as I caught up to him.

"Nothing" he said, pulling away, looking behind me.