Goodbyes

It was the day of Caspian's coronation, he had just been crowned King. Everyone was getting ready to leave for the parade but the king was missing. Sarah searched the entire castle, only to find him brooding in the throne room. "I'm gonna need you to draw me a map of this place because I just spent the last ten minutes looking for you." Caspian was so deep in his thoughts he didn't realize the girl was there. She snatched the crown off his head, snapping him out of his thoughts. She placed the crown on her own head with a cheeky smile on her face. "Wow, this thing is heavier than I thought. Maybe I just need a bigger head like you to carry this thing. Or is it the hair?" He stared at her like she was the sun and stars. "Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Not exactly."

Sarah placed the crown back on the king's head and fixed the small strands that fell in front of his face. "Perfect. Come on. Everyone's waiting." She gently took his hand and led him out to the courtyard. Narnians and Telmarines flooded the streets to see their new king and the brave warriors that fought against Miraz.

//

A meeting was held in the town square. The new King stood in the center of the stage with his advisors, consisting of Glenstrom, Trufflehunter, Reepicheep, Trumpkin, Sarah, Professor Cornelius and the Bear, on his right and the Pevensies on his left. He addressed his people. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers."

"It's been generations since we left Telmar." A man in the audience spoke.

"We're not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world." Aslan spoke. This sparked a curiosity in Sarah, having a passion for history.She knew she would have to do more research or asked Professor Cornelius on the subject. "The same world as our kings and queens. It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start."

"I will go. I will accept the offer." Caspian nodded in thanks to the general. The king's aunt was next to volunteer.

"So will we."

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good." Aslan blessed the volunteers and opened a portal through the tree. Sarah watched as the people made their way up the stairs and to the tree. She was happy they were leaving, knowing that if they would have stayed, they might have been persecuted by the people. but if they left, Sarah knew they had a chance at a new beginning, much like herself. they vanished into the tree.

"Where did they go?"

"They killed them."

"How do we know he is not leading us to our death?" The people exclaimed in fear and confusion, rightly so.

Reepicheep valiantly volunteered. "Sire. If my example can be of any service, I will take 11 mice through with no delay."

"We'll go." said Peter

"We will?"

"Come on. Our time's up. After all...we're not really needed here anymore."

"I will look after it until you return."

"I'm afraid that's just it. We're not coming back." Queen Susan said.

"We're not?"

"You two are. At least, I think he means you two."

"But why? Did they do something wrong?"

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live on their own." Spoke Aslan.

"It's all right, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be...but it's all right. One day you'll see, too. Come on."

The queens and Kings said goodbye to their new friends. Sarah bowed to Edmund, realizing she hadn't spoken much to the boy in their time in Narnia, though she still had great respect for him. Queen Lucy and Queen Susan hugged the girl who had become a close friend to them. Peter walked up to Sarah to bow to her but she pulled him in for a friendly hug. "Take care of your family, they need you more than you know." As she pulled away, she spoke "See you around Dr. Pevensie," remembering the moment when he said he was considering medicine. Perhaps now that his time in Narnia was over, he actually could pursue a career in medicine, make a new name for himself. She hoped that when the Pevensie children returned to their time and when the war ended, their future would be bright. The children walked through the tree and disappeared, returning to their normal lives in England after another wonderful adventure in Narnia.

It was then that Sarah realized she would have to return to her world, leaving behind the life she had started to build for herself in Narnia, which included Caspian. She thought about how much she would miss him, especially the way he smiled and the banter they shared.

"I guess it's my turn now."

"You're leaving."

"This isn't my world Caspian. I don't belong here."

"That's not entirely true" she heard the great lion speak."

"What do you mean?"

"You may have been born in another world, but your mother was from Narnia. You have the right to stay, if you choose."

Sarah turned to the king and pulled him for a kiss. Cheers and whistles were heard from the crowd.

"There's your answer then," said Trumpkin.

As the kings and Queens left, Sarah decided to stay in Narnia. She managed to live a few peaceful years in company of the new crown king of Narnia, Caspian. The Telmarine kept the young lady by his side to help him be the best king he could be as she always believed and saw the best in the man. Their love was as pure and grander than the eastern edge of the world. Then the sunset. 

"Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind. The end." — Grandpa, The Princess Bride

The End...For Now.

A/N

Thank you for reading my story! This is only the first book in the series. The next one will explore what happens in the three years between the second and third movie. I wrote this story to practice my creative writing skills, so I appreciate any feedback. See you in the next book!