𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬'𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

The elevator door seems to be taking an eternity to open

The elevator door seems to be taking an eternity to open. I find myself in quite a predicament. My goodness, these files I am carrying are incredibly burdensome. I am in dire need of setting them down as soon as possible.

Due to my preoccupation with my own affairs, I failed to notice that I was not the sole occupant of this elevator. To my surprise, there is another person accompanying me.

I was utterly startled when I first laid eyes on her. Good god, she was stunning. She possessed a beauty that was absolutely mesmerizing. Her lengthy, undulating blonde hair shimmered in the light.

Her complexion was akin to the softest velvet, with her eyes, gentle yet compelling, and her cheekbones so sharp, they could slice through rock.

However, in all honesty, her visage and gaze bear a startling similarity to my boss. They share an uncanny resemblance, I assure you.

Is there a familial connection between them, or is it solely my perception?

"Good morning, madam," I greeted courteously.

Could she possibly be a new client? This is the initial occasion on which I have encountered her in this setting.

"Good morning to you as well. Could you kindly press floor 5?" Her voice carries a certain charm, and whenever she gazes at me, I feel a sense of unease.

"Did you not hear me, Miss?" she inquires, snapping me back to reality.

"Oh, I apologize, ma'am. Pardon?" I respond, my senses returning.

The situation is quite embarrassing.

"I said, please press floor 5," she reiterates.

How can I possibly press the button when my hands are occupied with these files?

"Ma'am, I apologize, but could you please do it instead? I am unable to reach the button at the moment as I am holding something."

What perplexes me is why I should be the one to perform this task when she is perfectly capable of doing so herself. We are both heading to the same floor, but did she not notice that I was carrying something?

In her hands, she holds nothing more than her phone.

"I don't care, just press it," she retorts, her tone filled with irritation. With no other option, I reluctantly press the button, despite the difficulty posed by my current circumstances.

To be honest, there's something intriguing about a woman displaying such assertiveness. However, there are times when this demeanor can become bothersome. Yes, I am also a woman, but I do not possess such characteristics.