𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐭. 2

Her words hung in the air, and I froze, stunned by what she had just revealed.

"Y-You actually have feelings for me?" I stammered, trying to process the overwhelming rush of emotions. My initial excitement was quickly dampened by a wave of icy disbelief.

Soyeon's confession that she had romantic feelings for me sent a shockwave through my entire being. It felt as if the world around me had suddenly become still, frozen in time. It was a revelation that I hadn't expected, and I struggled to find my voice, my mind racing to grasp the enormity of her words.

My breath caught in my throat, and for a moment, I couldn't form a coherent response. My mind was a whirlwind of confusion, uncertainty, and disbelief. Was I hearing her correctly? How could Soyeon, who had treated me poorly in the past, suddenly express romantic feelings toward me?

I searched her eyes, desperately seeking any sign that this might be some kind of twisted joke or misunderstanding. But the sincerity in her gaze was undeniable. She had bared her vulnerability, sharing a truth that left me reeling.

Frozen in that moment, I struggled to find the right words to express my thoughts and emotions. My mind was a flurry of conflicting thoughts and intense feelings. The sensation of ice-cold water seemed to course through my veins, jolting me out of any romantic notions I might have entertained.

I couldn't help but be baffled by the sudden turn of events. How could she confess to liking me when she despised me so vehemently? It felt like an inexplicable act of sorcery from the Lord of the Rings, defying all logic and reason.

The depth of her dislike for me was comparable to Captain Jack Sparrow's disdain for his former first mate, Captain Barbossa, who betrayed him and left him stranded on an island. And yet, here she was, telling me that she liked me. It was mind-boggling, to say the least.

While I could entertain the possibility of her liking me as a friend, accepting her romantic feelings was a challenge, particularly considering our tumultuous history. In short, she loathed me, making it difficult to fathom her sudden change of heart.

It was true that I didn't harbor the same level of animosity towards her. Although I disliked her due to her bad attitude, I was not one to hold grudges, regardless of how poorly someone treated me. Yes, such people still existed, and I happened to be one of them.

My attention was initially elsewhere, but then it hit me. Soyeon, my arch-nemesis, was actually hugging me. Bloody hell, what is happening?

The embrace, unexpected and confusing as it was, created a flood of indescribable sensations (weird, I know). It felt strangely right, and a part of me wanted this hug to last much longer. I couldn't quite comprehend my own feelings in that moment, but they were impossible to ignore. She held me even tighter, causing me to gasp in surprise. My heart raced, but not in its usual rhythm. Shit, I need to find a way out of this situation, but how? I felt trapped, unable to speak or act, as if whatever control I had over my own movements had vanished. How am I supposed to navigate this situation when I find myself at a loss for words or actions?

She continued hugging me without saying a word. Minutes passed, and we remained in this silent embrace. I resisted the urge to break the silence, choosing instead to let her be the one to speak first. I wanted to hear her words before offering any of my own.

And, as if on cue, she finally broke the silence. She confessed that her initial animosity towards me stemmed from something terrible I had done to her. I was taken aback by this revelation, for as far as I could recall, I had done nothing to her. In fact, it was she who had been cruel to me. I was utterly perplexed by her claims, but as she continued to speak, I found myself astounded.