𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝖲𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗅 𝗍𝗈 𝖮𝗇𝖾 𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖽

---

Shuhua found herself waking up in an unrecognizable setting.

The room she was in showcased architectural sophistication inclusive of vaulted ceilings and elegant marble pillars. Damask-patterned wallpaper added a layer of subtlety, while murals both painted and hung adorned its walls. The key statement piece was an extravagant crystal chandelier, and bedside table lamps provided a softer lighting option. The richly ornamented headboard showcased elaborate floral designs accented in gold, the bed graced with a subtle canopy.

Her gaze roved around each corner of the room, baffled about how she ended up there. The last thing she could recall was pouring her sorrows into drinks at the bar due to her aching heart.

However, she does vaguely recollect a brunette woman she encountered that night, though her face remained a blur. She could only speculate whether it was this enigmatic woman who had brought her to this place as her memory failed her.

Her surprise of waking in an alien environment paled in comparison to the shock she felt when she realized her clothes were now non-existent. She had lost them.

Curse the numbing influence of alcohol, but she blamed herself more.

She had resolved amongst herself that only if Minnie reciprocated her feelings, she would surrender everything to her, her body included. But Minnie did not reciprocate her feelings. Although that was a pill she was resolved to swallow, knowing she would heal and move on, what was unacceptable was that she let go of her intra and bodily values to an absolute stranger.

This was the gravest mistake she had ever made in her life, one she wasn't prepared for.

In haste, she detached herself from the bed, rushing to gather her scattered clothes from the floor. She scrambled into her outfit swiftly, desperate to remove herself from the unfamiliar setting as soon as possible.

Feeling around for her phone, she breathed a sigh of relief when she found it resting on the nightstand. She swiped it up and placed it in her charming white sling bag. Bearing an aesthetic round design, the bag was made of pristine white leather and decorated with a fringe accent on one corner, adding a touch of style. Its white and gold stoned strap added a layer of finesse. She was relieved to see all her possessions were undisturbed.

Next, she sought her white stilettos, which, thankfully, were discarded in one of the room corners.

The reality of her situation dawned on her. She had no recollection of how she landed onto this unknown territory or who could have brought her here. The thought of having intimate relations with a total stranger incited fear in her. What if they were affiliated with criminal activities? Or worse, a disturbed individual? The fear was overwhelming. But added to that was the horrifying potential that it could have been with a man.

No, she vowed to herself, she would never be intimate with a man. Not now, not ever!

She skittishly approached the door of the room, ensuring not to draw any attention. Upon twisting open the doorknob, her jaw dropped at the sight that unfurled before her eyes.

She wasn't in a regular home. This was a sprawling castle.

She thought the opulence of the bedroom was overwhelming, but she was not prepared for the magnificence that lay ahead. A grand staircase split in the middle, the balustrades ornately designed and flanking gilded classic columns set against stone brick walls. A lush carpet adorned the staircase, and from the ceiling hung a grand chandelier. Everything from well-crafted murals, marble floors to countless luxury fixtures were on display.