𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞

◍✧⁠*๑

◍✧⁠*๑

"Hello!" She welcomed me with a cheerful expression, yet I continued to disregard her as I often do.

Doesn't it tire her, this constant pursuit of mine, almost daily? Honestly, this girl never fails to exasperate me!

"How's my beautiful wife today?" I almost sputtered in disbelief. Is she addressing me this way to irk me, or what's her motive?

In case you're puzzled about her calling me "wife," it's because we are indeed married.

Our marriage was arranged by our parents, primarily to cement a business alliance between them—a situation I find utterly chaotic. It's been a month and a half since our wedding, and despite being married, I hardly know her. Yet, she behaves as if we share a deep bond, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Despite our marital status, I find myself wanting to keep her at a distance. It's not that she makes me uncomfortable or that I have any aversion towards her; it's simply her omnipresence that I find overwhelming. I yearn for some personal space, a concept seemingly foreign to her, which only serves to aggravate me further.

Unable to defy my parents' wishes, I didn't protest our marriage. My respect and love for them run deep, even though they've placed me in this predicament by marrying me off to someone for whom I have no affection and barely know.

"Please leave, I'm busy with my assignments and wish to avoid any disturbances," I stated bluntly.

"I'm sorry, dear, but I just want to spend time with you." She pouted, looking up at me. Admittedly, she appeared quite endearing, but that doesn't alter my disdain for her.

She took a seat beside me, and I could feel her gaze on me, so I chose to ignore her once more. My focus was on my assignment, after all.

Upon completion, I packed my notebook, stood up, and made my exit, eager to escape her presence, which I find more taxing than any schoolwork.

"Soyeon, wait! Don't leave me here, don't go!" she yelled. I didn't pause, of course.

Who does she think she is, my superior? There's absolutely no way she can make me stay—

"Really, you're going to walk away from your dear wife, Soyeon?"

I stopped in my tracks, clenching my fists and seething with frustration.

My beautiful wife? Hardly. I spun around to face her.

"Beautiful wife? Seriously? More like, lovely wife my foot," I retorted sarcastically.

I walked off, fuming. I'm utterly fed up with her, yet not entirely, since we're married. As much as I wish for her to vanish, it's futile. We're bound together, and I despise every moment of it.

She's managed to ruin yet another one of my days.

— I entered our classroom and settled into a seat at the back.