𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐩

The air hung heavy with the scent of sweat and anticipation as the final whistle blew, signaling the end of another grueling volleyball practice

The air hung heavy with the scent of sweat and anticipation as the final whistle blew, signaling the end of another grueling volleyball practice. Five figures, draped in sweat-soaked jerseys, emerged from the court, their faces flushed with exertion. They were the legendary "Five Aces" - Faye, Engfa, Freen, Ling, and Minnie, each a force to be reckoned with on the court and a heartthrob off it.

"Finally!" Faye exclaimed, collapsing onto a bench with a sigh. "My legs feel like jelly."

Engfa chuckled, "You're just getting soft, Faye. We need to up our training regimen."

Freen, ever the calm one, interjected, "Let's not forget, we have a big game coming up. We need to be at our best."

Ling, the team's resident jokester, chimed in, "Don't worry, Freen. We'll be ready. We always are."

Minnie, the quietest of the group, remained silent, her gaze fixed on the court. Her stoic expression, a trademark of hers, gave no hint of her inner thoughts.

"Minnie, you okay?" Engfa asked, concern lacing her voice.

Minnie simply nodded, her eyes still on the court. She was lost in thought, replaying the game in her mind, analyzing every move, every strategy.

"She's probably thinking about that last spike," Freen said, a knowing smile on her face. "She was unstoppable today."

Minnie's poker face was legendary. She rarely smiled, her expression always guarded, her emotions carefully concealed. As a result, she was often perceived as cold and distant, even by her teammates.

"She's a mystery," Faye said, shaking her head. "I've known her for years, and I still don't know what goes on in that head of hers."

"She's just focused," Ling said, "On volleyball, on winning. That's all that matters to her."

But beneath that stoic exterior, Minnie harbored a secret longing, a yearning for something more than just the thrill of victory. She yearned for connection, for someone to see past the facade and understand the woman beneath the mask.

Little did she know, fate had a plan for her, a plan that would involve a vibrant, charismatic woman named Cho Miyeon, the president of the fine arts department.

Miyeon? well- she was everything Minnie wasn't: approachable, friendly, and bursting with life. Her beauty, intelligence, and talent were legendary, making her a magnet for admirers.

One evening, after a particularly intense practice, Minnie lingered on the court, her eyes fixed on the worn-out volleyball. She was lost in thought, her mind replaying the game, analyzing every move, every strategy.

"You're still here?" a voice startled her.

She looked up to see Miyeon standing in the doorway, her face illuminated by the warm glow of the setting sun.