𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

"Yuqi, come down here please!" Mom called out from the kitchen.

"Why?" I shouted back.

"Just come!"

I sighed in frustration as I reluctantly got up from my bed and made my way to where Mom was. As much as I wanted to stay in bed, I decided against it since I didn't want to risk getting hit with a pair of slippers like the other day. "What do you need, Mom?"

"I need you to go to your aunt's convenience store and buy me four bottles of black sugar syrup."

"But didn't you just buy some yesterday?"

"I know, but it's all gone now. I've already finished it all."."

I was astonished upon hearing that. She had just purchased ten bottles yesterday, and now they're all gone? It's truly unbelievable. However, I wonder how she managed to consume all of them. Did she really drink all of those bottles herself?

"That's insane, Mom. That's a lot of bottles. I couldn't even finish one, but you devoured them as if it were nothing." I said in disbelief. Isn't it concerning that she enjoys that beverage so much?

"If I were you, I would stop complaining and just focus on your tasks."

"Fine, but can I have a brownie before I leave?"

"If there is no tea, there will be no brownies." I gave my mother a questioning look to see if she was serious, and the way her eyebrows furrowed indicated that she was indeed serious. No smile, no laughter, just a blank expression. And that's when I knew it was time to surrender. I didn't want to risk getting hit with something hard.

"Alright, I'll go!" I grumbled. As if I had a choice. I'd rather leave than face my mom's intimidating expression, as if she wanted to do something terrible to me.

"Thank you, honey. Take care, I love you!" Her unpredictable behavior sometimes drives me crazy.

I didn't respond to my mom and immediately headed outside to where my bike was. I hopped on and started pedaling down the driveway. Fortunately, my aunt's convenience store is only a few blocks away.

I need to hurry, but of course, I'll prioritize safety.

I was riding my bike while humming along to my favorite song.  When something unexpected occurs.

Where did this dreadful yellow car come from!?

I thought I was going to die!

Thank goodness I didn't lose my balance and fall off my bike, and it didn't hit me, because if it did, I'd wake up in the hospital with a bone fracture. And now, I'm enraged at whoever drove this car. This person almost killed me, what a reckless driver!

When I saw how the car's door opened, I knew it was time to get off my bike and scold this careless driver with all the profanities I could muster, but I came to a halt, surprised because the driver was a..... woman?

I was awestruck for maybe a few seconds. Frankly, Girls like her are my main weakness. She's a hottie, bruh. She looks great in a black crop top that exposes her cleavage and a pair of fitted jeans.

Wait, hold up. Did I just compliment this reckless driver? My intention is to chastise her rather than compliment her. I can't believe myself.

I walk over to her, and she's standing there, arms crossed across her chest, staring at me, and then she freakin' gives me a lop-sided smirk.