Write The Story - January Prompt

Prompt - A Bartender's Best Night Ever - It's New Year's Eve the place is packed what happens next is up to you.

Words you must use: Airport/appreciate/curve/grumpy/ruthless/record/nerve/acoustics/alarm/expert/sloth

you can pluralize, or use the past tense of a verb

Flying Lessons

New Year's Eve and the ruthless owner of Flights Are Us put our crew of five on stand-by. Jobs were hard to come by and so nobody had the nerve to complain except to one another. In an act of defiance we all decided to wait it out in the airport bar - 'Let him come and find us here', we cheered, marching arm in arm through the lounge.

A group called The Wingmen were on stage pounding out music and the acoustics were deafening. At the crowded bar we all ordered drinks - 'Damn the rules!', we cried, defiantly once again. We weren't going to miss the celebrations.

The two flight attendants took to the dance floor, strutting their stuff to the driving beat of the music, and the three males found every provocative curve something to appreciate. Pretty soon everyone was dancing and ordering drinks for all when the bartender bellowed over the din, 'Two minutes to midnight!'

As the hour hand clicked over to twelve o-clock, the noise in the bar went up another octave and the traditional kissing of partners extended to anyone in reach. The flight crew managed to set a new record and when they suddenly spotted their grumpy employer, instead of showing alarm, they dragged him onto the floor, shoved a drink in his hand and got him to join in.

To their stunned surprise, he began a routine of expert break dancing that cleared the floor, spawning cheers and applause. The bartender beamed at the contents of his cash drawer and his face lit up while the flight crew ordered another round as they experienced the revelation that their employer was no sloth.

With drink raised high, he executed a few intricate tap steps and with a huge grin, praised the greatest flight crew anyone could have, wishing them all a Happy New Year!