March 1928

George bounded down the stairs and stood impatiently in front of the door. It was the first sunny day since the beginning of February, and he was anxious to get outside.

The flowers were blooming vibrant colours in the gardens, the the bright green grass was growing again, and the sky glowed blue.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the rest of the family came down. He jumped up and down giddily.

"Hurry!" He said excitedly.

"We're only off on a walk, George." Sybbie sighed.

She didn't feel up to it.

"Enjoy the nice weather, darling," Edith told Sybbie, "But if you prefer to stay here, I'd be glad to accompany you."

"Oh, could I papa?" Sybbie pleaded, "My throat hurts, and I have a headache."

"Alright. Have Auntie Edith bring you some tea with honey." He said sympathetically.

Marigold let out a Cry.

"Mama! Come!"

"Next time, I need to stay with Sybbie. She isn't well." Edith explained.

Marigold stomped her foot.

"Sybbie never feels well! I think she's pretending." Marigold teased, sticking her tongue out.

Sybbie's face went as red as a tomato with anger.

"I am not! I have a scratchy throat, and my head has been pounding since this morning!" She shot back.

"Marigold Rose," Edith scolded, "You are being a very selfish young lady right now. If Sybbie says she isn't well, she isn't well! Now, you are to lose the attitude, go on your walk, and come back like a proper little girl. I will have none of this, or I'll tell the nanny to send you to bed without supper!"

Everybody stared at Edith. Sybbie nearly choked on air. Marigold scooted behind her Uncle Tom. George blinked at her, dumbfounded. Edith had never gotten cross.

Edith took a breath and grasped Sybbie's hand.

"Now, off we go. Have a fun time, children." Edith mumbled with a fake smile.

They began to walk off, Sybbie looking over at her family, as to say "Help me."