chapter 1 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
C H I C A G O , I L
2 years later
———————————-

"Keandre get yo bad ass over here right now" I said chasing him around the house with his pants in my hand.

"I say no pants, shorts!" he said still running which made me suck my teeth.

"Kd you is one bad mafucka, you know?" I said then turned around walking towards Ka'mya.

"Yo brother gone make me kill him" I said then picked her dress up and started to dress her up.

"Bubba bad?" she said and I nodded my head.

"Bubba real bad" I said then put a bow in her hair finishing off the look.

"Keandre Deshae Bennett, ima count to 5. If you not in this living room by the time I get to 3 ima get my belt!" I said then put my hand on my hip waiting by the stairs.

"1.."

"2.."

"Mmcht I right here" he said walking down the stairs with an attitude.

"Mmcht my ass, you can't even suck yo teeth right boy!" I said then sat down on the stairs getting to his level.

"Yes I can" he said and I made a face.

"No you can't" I said then pulled his pants up.

"Ma, I say yes I can" he said holding both sides of my face. "See look" he said then attempted to suck his teeth.

"Okay baby" I said then fixed his chain. I got up from the steps then walked in the living room eyeing Ka'mya who was playing on her iPad.

"I play on iPad mommy" she said and I nodded.

"I see baby" I said then grabbed my Louis Vuitton bag putting it on my shoulder then grabbing my phone.

Just as I was about to walk out the door I got a call from the unknown number that i've become familiar with.

"Hello, this is a collect call from Chicago Illinois county jail for inmate Kyree Bennett. Say yes if you would like to accept this call"

"Yes" I said then put the phone on speaker while putting on my gucci sandals.

"Hey baby" I said while getting us all out of the house and making sure to lock the door.

"Wassam ma" he said then there was a small silence.

"You straight?" he asked me as I put the kids in their car seats.

"Yeah i'm cool, you straight?" I asked.

"Daddy on phone?" Ka'mya asked looking up from her iPad.

"Yea that's his ugly self" Keandre said looking down in his iPad.

"That li nigga talking shit?" he asked me and I laughed.

"As always" I said then closed Ka'mya's door then got in the drivers seat starting the engine up.

The phone connected to the car then I backed out the driveway. "You never answered my question" I said.