chapter 2 .

Kyree Deshae Bennett
C H I C A G O , I L
———————————-

I watched the courtyard viciously just thinking about my next move then eyed the group of niggas walking towards me.

"You Guapo?" one asked and I just looked him up and down before looking away keeping the same look on my face.

"Aye nigga I know you hea' him talkin' ta you" the other said and I just scoffed continuing to mind my business.

"Nigga you dea-

"Mane what the fuck do you niggas want? Do I go round fuckin' with y'all?" I asked getting annoyed. "No, no the fuck I don't" I answered my own question.

"I don't give no fucks bout none of that. We heard you selling that shit, wassam with that?" the one who approached me first said and I chuckled.

"Yeen hea' shit bout me folk. Get the fuck up out my face patna" I said then looked down at the ground continuing to carve KA in the pavement.

"Get this nigga" the other one said and I furrowed my eyebrows standing up. I hit the one who came at me first twice in the nose causing him to bleed then got the rest of them niggas one by one.

When I looked to the side of me I saw another nigga fighting with me. Once the guards came to break us up I was beyond pissed because I knew this just fucked up my time.

"Bennett!" the officer shouted and I mugged him.

"Mane get the fuck on" I said walking further away from everybody and walking inside the building. I made my way to the phones and quickly dialed Azaria's number.

"Hello?" she said once she answered.

"Mane I just whooped these niggas ass. I been trynna be on my best behavior but these niggas keep playing me like i'm pussy. I needa get the fuck outta here before I kill a nigga" I said.

"Baby calm down, what I told you bout that shit. Just leave them mafuckas wondering, they wanna see you react but you do not have to. Don't let them dumb ass niggas fuck up yo record" she said and I closed my eyes.

"I miss you mane" I said then there was a small silence.

"You're coming home soon, I promise you that" she said and I just sucked my teeth.

"Baby we always making promises to this shit, but am I really coming home? I'm locked up in this bitch for some shit that I ain't even-

"Hello?" I said then slammed the phone realizing my time was up. "Fuck!" I said then walked to my cell furious as hell.

——————

"Say brudda" I heard some nigga with a thick New Orleans accent say.

"Ian nobody fuckin brudda" I said sitting on the bottom bunk with my hands intertwined as I stared at the wall.

"Damn, that's cold blooded" he said then stepped further inside my cell.

"We beat them niggas asses, on gawd" he said then sat on the steel seat that stood in front of me.

I looked up realizing he was the one that helped me fight them niggas on the courtyard. "You look bout 14 li nigga" I said and he laughed.

"You close patna, i'm 17" he said and I studied his face.

"What you in hea fa?" I asked him.

"Mane, my homeboy got shot in a robbery we was doing at this corner sto. I tried to run away but dem niggas caught my ass real fuckin' quick" he said and I shook my head.