chapter 6 .

Kyree Bennett
C H I C A G O , I L
——————————

3:35 pm

"Mama where Kylan at?" I said as soon as the call connected.

"Damn, ya mama can't get no love first?" she said and I lowly sighed.

"How you doin ma?" I asked.

"Fine, your father was at the corner store last time I checked" she replied and I sighed. "Aight" I hung up the phone then took my car out of park.

I spun the block and saw him standing there laughing it up with some old niggas on the block. I got out my car and quickly made my way to him, once he saw me he smiled but I kept my same mug.

"You fraud as fuck boa!" I shouted and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm fraud, how the fuck i'm fraud?" he asked then took a sip of whatever was in his styrofoam cup.

"Stop trynna act like youn know what the fuck i'm talm bout" I said then slapped his cup out his hands and he chuckled stepping closer to me.

"Dayum he dropped yo drank"

"I did you a solid" he said in my ear and I looked at him in disbelief.

"You ain't neva gon change. Deep down inside you'll always be that Kylan that don't give a fuck bout nobody feelings or his wrongs. You'll always be a fraud ass nigga and now i'm starting to realize it" I said then walked away but he followed.

"Nigga what! You ain't gotta explain shit cause ion give a fuck" I said then got in my car starting it back up.

He got in the passengers seat and I shook my head driving off towards a empty parking lot. "Step out my car nigga" I said resting my head on the window.

"Look, ion know what you tripping for. But if you tell me maybe we can get this shit understood" he said and I looked straight ahead with a mug.

"When you was gone tell me I had a brother" I said then bit the inside of my cheeks. He sat back in his seat then blew out a breath.

"How'd you find out?" he asked and I sucked my teeth.

"Does it fucking matter?!" I shouted then got out the car trying to control my anger. I put my hands on top of my head and paced back and forth.

"Come let it all out" he said putting his set up and I mugged him.

"Kylan get the fuck away from me" I mumbled then closed my eyes continuing to pace back and forth.

"Nah, come on" he said and I opened my eyes and stared at him for a minute.

I finally put my set up and he smiled as we waited for an opportunity to punch. "I didn't tell you because it didn't matter" he said and then tried to hit me but I dodged it and hit him twice.

"It did fucking matter. That nigga killed a damn unborn baby. You shoulda let him stay in there" I said then hit him again.

"That's my son. I bailed you out and you were charged with Murder too" he said then got his first lick.

"But ian kill nobody" I said then hit him causing him to trip and fall.

"I suggest you keep yo distance from me. Go back to ya family in Milwaukee. Don't nobody need you down here, maybe you can take your son with you too"

"I tried to forgive you and you fucked it up. I shoulda trusted my first instinct and left you in the fuckin' dirt. I trusted you round my kids, but you obviously can't be trusted"

"Had I known it was you that bailed me out I woulda stayed in that cell. You thought you could do this so i'd give you a favor, and i'm not doing it" I said then turned around walking back to my car.

"My favor determines if you live" he said getting up from the ground.

"The fuck you just say?" I asked him.

"Somebody wants my head, they told me if ian get you out the slam we'd both be dead" he said and I kicked my door.

"You selfish as fuck. You bailed me out to protect yourself now we both in jeopardy. I swear on my mama if I die cause of you ima haunt yo mafuckin ass"

"Now I got no choice but to help yo punk ass" I said then got in my car slamming the door.

________

5:46 pm

"Bitch that's exactly what I be talking—

"Wassam Guapo" Reniah said once I walked in the house with a furious look on my face. I scanned the room seeing all Azaria friends then sent them a head nod before walking upstairs.

I threw my jacket off then walked outside on the balcony and stood over the rail looking at the other houses near me.

I heard the glass open which made me turn around seeing Zaria.

"You straight?" she asked coming next to me watching the sky.

"Mane hell nah" I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Kylan bailed me out just to help his fuckin self. That nigga been trynna work things out wimme outta sympathy" I said then looked down at her as she picked lint from my shirt.

"So what now.."

"Ion even know" I said locking eye contact with her.

"Put some clothes on, we're going out" she said then walked back inside.

——————

"Mommy look, I see stars" Ka'mya said as we sat on the ferris wheel.

"Yeah baby" Azaria smiled.

"Punk ass stars" Kd said making me lowly laugh to myself.

"Don't say that Kd, i'm not playing with you" Azaria popped his hand.

"Yeah don't say that" I said holding in my laugh and Azaria mugged me.

"Are you laugh— I can't stand y'all" she shook her head and I laughed.

"Gimme a bite" I told Azaria as she held a churro in her hand. She put it closer to my mouth and I bit a piece off.

She watched me chew and I smirked. "What you staring at?" I asked her and she shrugged. "You"

"I love you" I said and she smiled.

"I love you too" she said and I smirked bringing her into a kiss.

"Close ya eyes y'all" I said blocking them from seeing me kiss Azaria. She laughed breaking the kiss then shook her head.

"Nasty" Kd mumbled.

"Cooties" Ka'mya said and we all laughed.

I looked around and watched as Azaria hugged the both Ka'mya and Keandre while kissing them all over. I smiled then let my thoughts take over.

I can't lose them .

chapter 6 over