chapter 9 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
📍 Chicago, IL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 months later

"Keep playing wimme boy, you not gone go nowhere" I said watching Kd put his 1's on

"Mmcht, Bookie coming?" he said referring to Ka'mya and I nodded.

"You and ha gone be gone for a few days" I said then grabbed his backpack putting extra shorts in there.

"Ka'mya!" I shouted and she came rushing to the room.

"Why you came so fast?" I asked her. "You was doing something you had no business?" I added and she shook her head no.

"I was playing with my bratz" she said and I squinted my eyes at her.

"Mhm" I said then zipped the backpack.

"Y'all ready to go?" I asked and they nodded.

"Then let's go" I said flicking the light off then grabbed my phone off the staircase before walking down the flight of stairs.

"Keandre turn that light off in the kitchen" I said and he did as told.

As we got in the car and got situated I noticed my car was almost on E. I rolled my eyes then reversed out the driveway of my new 4 bedroom house.

"Mama I'm is hungry" Ka'mya said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But we just ate, how is you hungry again?" I asked as I approached the gas station.

"Cause i'm is" she said and I shook my head getting out the car making sure to crack the windows.

I hated coming here with my kids. It made me uncomfortable because I always expected the worst.

"Hurry up, it's hot" Kd said and I mugged him.

"Be patient patna" I said then looked around as I held the nozzle.

"Aye!" someone called out.

"Ain't you Guapo girlfriend?" he said and I rolled my eyes paying him no mind.

I heard footsteps approach me making me sigh and run around. "You got the wrong person" I said and he shook his head no.

"Tell ya boy he owe me some money. Go by Rico" he said and I raised my eyebrows putting the gas pump back in it's placeholder.

"Tell him your god damn self" I said then closed the fuel hole and got back in my car.

"Rude bitch" he said and I chuckled.

"Ya mother" I said then drove off.

———

I pulled up to the 5 bedroom house then got my kids out the car. I grabbed their backpacks then went up to the door to start knocking.