chapter 20 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
📍Chicago, IL
————————————

9:30 am

I laid in the guest bedroom of Kyree's house in complete silence just staring at the wall. Trying to process that Kamarion was alive was getting to me, and I couldn't even sleep.

Then, what I found out about Malik really was hard to believe till he finally admitted to his wrongs. I don't know what happened to him in the last 6 hours, but whatever it is I honestly wouldn't even care.

I was interrupted in my thoughts once the door opened and I saw Kyree with Kd on his shoulders, and Ka'mya wrapped around in his arms.

"Good morning mommy" they both said in sync.

"Good morning my babies" I said reaching my arms
out. They climbed off of Kyree and landed in the bed now laying next to me.

"You straight?" Kyree asked me.

"No. You killed him?" I asked.

"Nah" he mumbled then sat at the edge of the bed.

"I wanna see Mari" I said and Kyree nodded. "You will" he assured.

"I just don't get it, I saw him get put into the ground, I saw him die in the hospital, but why would you hide for 2 and a half years knowing you got people that love the fuck outta you" I shook my head.

"Bad word" Ka'mya said with her eyes closed.

"Maybe he gotta valid reason" Ky said.

"Well it better add up" I rolled my eyes.

"Only Malik will know where he is. So let's go" I said getting out the bed pulling my spanks down.

"You going like that?" he asked me and I looked down at what I had on.

"What the fuck wrong with it?" I asked him.

"Nothing, not a thing" he mumbled then sat up.

"Y'all go chill with TT, she in her room" Kyree said
they got out the bed running to her room.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush?" I asked.

—————

I walked to the basement and saw Malik sitting down tied up. I folded my lips then sat down in front of him.

"I thought we was betta than this" he said looking at me and I looked down.

"I did too, why you went through allat?" I asked him.

"The game. It is what it was, once I stopped working for Red nem I started working for Kylan and boom. Avon came in the picture, then Kamarion whole li situation happened. I been looking out for this nigga fa 2 years. After that, here come Guapo in jail"

"Yeah I had the money to get him out, but what I choose to do with my shit is what the fuck ima do—

"But didn't he go to jail fa you, that's some trifling ass shit" I said and he shrugged.