chapter 18 .

Kyree Deshae Bennett
📍Chicago, IL
————————————-

10:30 am

After the service Red, Drako, Tristian, my mama's 2 brothers, and I carried the rose gold casket outside to the hearse.

I caught a quick glimpse of Azaria holding her rose with her shades on. I looked to the left of her and saw Malik standing there talking to her as she slightly smiled and spoke back.

"Kyree baby, you did a wonderful speech" Loretta said walking up to me greeting me in a hug.

"Preciate it" I said hugging back then looked back at Laylani who was sitting by her friend Fefe, trying her best to look happy.

"If there's anything you and your sister need you know it's nothing to pick up the phone and call, okay baby?" she said and I nodded.

"Thank you" I said then looked down at the obituary in my hand staring at my mother.

I bit my bottom lip trying to stop myself from crying then sucked it up once Drako and Red approached me

"You ain't gotta hold that shit in mane, we know wassup" Drako said and I slightly smirked.

"I'm straight" I said wiping my face.

"Y'all wrong fa not putting Denise on that obituary" Red said laughing and I shrugged.

"Fuck Denise" I said and we all let out a laugh.

"Wassam brudda" I heard Ramell say making me turn around.

"Yurr" I greeted dapping him up.

"My condolences ta you and ya family man" he said and I nodded. "Preciate that" I said.

"Y'all this Gunna, thats Red and that's Drako" I introduced and they dapped each other up.

"You look like a li jit" Drako said and Gunna chuckled.

"Y'all niggas gone stop playing wimme, i'm getting swole" he said and I shook my head.

"Aye ain't that ya ole lady you was talm bout?" he asked me pointing at Azaria. "Yeah" I shook my head.

"She not claiming yo goofy ass" he laughed and I flicked him off. "Nigga fuck you" I said then they all fell out.

"Aye ima fuck with y'all though" he said and we all dapped him up and watched him walk off to his car.

"Aye... why you ain't tell us bout Ray?" Red asked and I shrugged. "Wasn't important" I said and they sucked their teeth.

"You know he killed ya old man right?" Red told me and I shrugged. "I saw it, ion really give a fuck" I said and Drako shook his head.