chapter 16 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
📍Chicago, IL
————————————

3:45 pm

"Dad is your health okay?" I asked as I sat across from him at the table we were eating lunch at

"Yeah, i'm coo" he said and I simply nodded staring out of space.

"Talk ta me, what's wrong baby?" he said and I looked down trying to stop myself from crying.

"I don't know what i'm doing. Half of me wants Malik and the other half misses Kyree. But I cannot go back to what hurt me and go out sad like that. His mama just passed and i'm all he got, i'm stuck in the middle" I said then looked up with a frown.

"Kre passed?" he asked and I nodded.

"Damn, you can be there for Kyree, but you can't be leaving Malik in the dark like that. I get you and Kyree got history, but Malik trynna introduce you to a new book" he said and I just nodded taking in everything.

"Why you still want Kyree?" he asked me and I sighed resting my hand on my cheek.

"I just feel like we've been through so much and to wash all of that away is getting to me. I know it's been months since the breakup, but being around him yesterday while he was in that state made me feel bad" I said and he sighed.

"You can't let yo sympathy pull you back in. This nigga had a whole baby on you, and nobody else gone tell you, but I will. If you go back, you dumb as hell Zaza. Allow yourself to grow instead of staying in the same spot that let you die" he said.

————

"You wanna come to the store wimme?" Malik asked me as I wiped the counters of my kitchen down.

"I can't, we can go later?" I suggested and he nodded.

"Yeah, why you can't go now though?" he asked looking down in his phone.

"I gotta go check on Laylani and Kyree..." I said lowly then started the dishwasher before turning towards him.

"For what Azaria?" he asked and I looked him in his eyes.

"They mama just died" I said and he just stared at me for a minute before grabbing his keys.

"Lemme know when you ready to go, and answer yo fuckin phone when I call you" he said walking closer to me.

"Okay" I said and he kissed me before walking out the door.

I wiped my hands then grabbed my keys along with my phone before walking out and locking the door. Getting inside my G-Wagon I let the air circulate before driving off.

————

"Are you hungry?" I asked Laylani as I stood in the doorway of the guest room she laid down in.