chapter 7 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
C H I C A G O , I L
————————————

12:45 pm

"Who is it?" I asked once I got to the door.

"Me nigga!" I heard Malik say. I rolled my eyes opening the door letting him inside the house.

"Don't nobody know who no me is" I said and he shrugged.

"Aye where my niece and my nephew?" he said sensing that it was quiet.

"They out with Lashae" I said and he nodded.

"Why you by yourself?" he asked then dug in his pocket grabbing a piece of gum.

"Kyree working right now" I yawned then held my hand out for a piece. He gave me a stank face before handing me a piece of his watermelon flavored gum.

"Let's go somewhere then" he said, more telling than asking.

"Where?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Let's go have a bestie date at Mastro's" I said smiling and he mugged me.

"You got some Mastro's money? Always running a nigga pockets" he said then sat down.

"Ion care, gimme 20" I said getting up and walking to the bathroom. Starting the water and waiting for it to get hot I began putting my hair in its shower cap.

I locked the door then started to strip out of my clothes, finally letting the warm water hit my bare skin. I grabbed my puff and squirted some mango scented dove soap on it beginning to bathe.

——————

"Take my flick" I said passing my phone to Malik and he grabbed it and started snapping them.

....

"Aight nigga I den took bout 30" he said and I sucked my teeth grabbing the phone and looking through the photos while walking inside Mastro's.

"Ouu this the one right here" I said then went straight to instagram while he got us a table.

@keepingupwria

liked by globallik and 23,667 others @keepingupwria: far from average , far from perfect

@keepingupwria: far from average , far from perfect.

"Bring yo big head ass on" Malik said grabbing my attention so I looked up following him to the table.

"Such a cute couple by the way" the waitress said and I awkwardly laughed.

"Couple of friends" I corrected and she gasped.

"My apologies" she said and Malik laughed.

"You straight" he said then looked down at the menu.