chapter 12 .

Azaria Mesai Jackson
📍Chicago, IL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

6:45 pm

"Kendra told me to ask you if you could work a double" my co-worker Dreka asked me and I chuckled

"Why Kendra couldn't come ask me?" I said as I looked through files.

"My shift is over at seven, and I have to pick up my kids so the answer will be no, sorry" I said then looked up in her face and she laughed.

"She always want me to be the messenger, i'm sick of her ass" Dreka said then sat down on the swivel chair and logged on into the computer.

"Tell me about it, she know my answer is always no. I don't know why she even bothers asking" I said then rubbed my arms catching the chills.

"No really" Dreka agreed.

"What's up with you and that lil bright skinned boy?" she asked me and I laughed.

"Malik?" I asked then slid the file back into the container. "We chilling" I finished and she smiled.

"Ya baby daddy gone be salty when he find out bout that one" she laughed and I sighed.

"Tuh. Salty ain't even the word, he so damn fraud it don't even make no sense chile" I said then looked at my watch reading 6:58 pm.

"Mine is a mess too girl" she said and I chuckled.

"I'm finna gone head and clock out. Ima see you on Thursday my love" I said then kissed her cheek slightly as I hugged her.

"Drive safe now" she said and I nodded walking over to the list to clock out.

Once I grabbed my purse and my other belongings I was out the door and to my car. I started it up and waited for the cold air to circulate.

I grabbed my phone going to instagram then started to like and comment on pictures.

@highoff.p

p