twenty nine ✰

Finley

While the rest of the world may not be into the whole hustle and bustle aspect of life right now, us out here in California couldn't be doing anything but the opposite. While me and Jaden are trying to plan a wedding, Alexis and Cierra are in the process of moving out here. Alexis took what I said to heart and took over the lease for my old apartment while Cierra bought the one down the hall. I finally got all of stuff moved into me and jaden's house.

Nessa and Josh were on one end of the house and me and Jaden were on the other and honestly the house was big enough that we didn't have to see each other unless we wanted to. Most of the time we didn't. Today both me and jaden's families are coming into town. My parents are coming and then Jaden's parents and sisters are coming at around the same time. We had about 30 minutes until they all got here, they rented cars because we didn't have a car big enough to fit all of us, and we weren't going to be split up if we had to go somewhere. I was frantically cleaning every surface I could get my hands on, while Jaden was at a quick shoot before he was off for a week. He was supposed to be home at any minute but his timing was horrible because Buddy was in the process of tearing up everything he saw. He was destroying toys and pulling dirty clothes out of the hampers in the laundry room.

I had had enough and started getting annoyed. I grabbed Buddy by the collar and ushered him outside with as many toys as I could find. Picking up the pieces of the toys he HAD before, from the kitchen floor. The front door opened and Jaden walked in. "sorry babe, we ran late and there was traffic on the way home. They aren't here yet right?" he asked giving me a kiss on my forehead. "Not yet, in about 30 minutes. Buddy was destroying everything so he's outside until further notice. I have to take a shower really quick, can you just make sure everything else looks nice, I think I've cleaned everything I can see." I said giving him a small hug, half way ready to run to our bedroom and half way trying to seem interested in him. "yeah go ahead. do I need to change or is this okay?" he asked. "I think you should be okay. Your family is coming too so I want you to be comfortable." I said. "okay" he mumbled, I wanted him to be in something other than some workout shorts and a baggy t shirt, and I think he took my hint but I didn't have time to argue with him.

I jumped into the shower quickly washing my hair and body, shaving everything and exfoliating. I got out blow dried my hair until it was damp, but not wet enough to look unfinished. Thew on a little makeup, a white set as my outfit for the day. I went back downstairs to see Jaden on the couch watching tiktoks, he had changed, just like I thought. "How was your shoot earlier?" I asked making myself some water. "It was really good actually I think it turned out good, ill have to show you the pics later. Also, your phone has been going off the whole time you were in the shower." he said. "is it any of our parents? did you answer it?" I asked. looking for it, but realizing it was across the room on the table in front of Jaden. "It's Alexis and Cierra. I didn't answer at first, but then I did and they kept asking questions about how to put stuff together in their apartments, and asked if we could come over and help later. I told them that our parents were coming in and that we wouldn't be able to help." he said. I made my way to the couch where he was and now his phone was ringing. "thank you." i said. "It's my parents they're probably here, hello?" he said, answering the phone and getting off the couch. He started walking to the front door, "Do you see me and Finley's cars in the driveway? I can't see anything so I don't know if it's y'all. hold on i'll walk outside." he said. I followed him out the door and he hung up the call, once we went around the corner and could see the driveway. His mom running up to us, giving us hugs followed by the rest of the family. There was another car pulling in I assumed was my parents. "That's your parents. we met them at the airport and they followed us here." Amy said. I smiled. I was so happy to see everybody here at the same time. Jaden's sisters came up to me along with his dad and gave us a hug. "I'm so happy to see you guys." I said. They all agreed.

I ran to my parents car, them engulfing me in a hug immediately. My mom begged to see the ring, I held out my phone and showed them. My mom holding a hand over her mouth let some tears out. "Congratulations honey, I love you, and I'm so happy for you." my dad said smiling and getting their luggage out of the car. "Thanks dad I love you too. What about you mom? what do you think?" I asked. she was still crying. "I love it honey. It's beautiful, he did such an amazing job, im so excited for y'all. Also this house oh my god." she said giving me another hug. "Thanks mom" I said. I helped them get their stuff out and Jaden was doing the same for his family.

Once we got everyone inside and settled, we discussed a few wedding details we had, and decided on a date, which was a year from when we got engaged. so March 24th. We decided to go out to dinner and celebrate.