The Interview

It was early in the morning and I needed to head to this weird convention. In order for me to get a job. It's been really hard recently. This convention was basically a huge meeting with thousands of people trying to compete for a role in one of the largest agencies. 

Shadow Team.

Midas's POV

"Good morning everyone. You don't know who I am but you are in luck." We heard a loud voice roaring through the speakers. No face to match. 

"I am Midas the leader of the Shadow team. The reason you may or may not get a role in this team. I need you to respect me the way I will respect you. Today I will be choosing who will be valid and mature enough to become part of the Shadow Team."

Y/n's POV

I was desperate for a job I was already working 2 jobs.  A fast food joint and a local coffee shop. I really needed a new job that would pay me better I was only getting paid $10 combined from both jobs. I couldn't pay my rent I was always late paying it. I lived in a small apartment alone I was only 16 my parents kicked me out when I was young because I didn't want to live with my stubborn mother. I lived with my grandmother for 2 years till she also kicked me out claiming I'm "using her" and "need to get a taste of the real world." Here I am now 18 years old hoping I get this job to live a little better. 

Midas's POV

" We will call you up one by one. We already have your resumes and all your personal information. We will be calling up 20 people at a time you will then get sent to an office in which your interview will begin. The interview will be very short with only 2 to 3 questions. Do remember you are always being watched. Not only by me but by everyone in this room. I will be choosing only 6 agents. Make me proud..."

Y/N's POV

I sat waiting for my name to be called. I was so nervous my hands were moist and sweat dripped down my forehead. I heard a faint voice say something.

"Hey!" I looked over to see a cheerful girl smiling wide with a sparkle in her eye.

"My names Skye. I'm really excited to get this job what about you!" Almost yelling she asked me but all I could do was think.

"I'm Y/n not gonna lie I'm really nervous. I just don't want to disappoint anyone and embarrass myself."

"Don't be nervous Y/n I bet you'll be the first agent to be picked. Just always stay positive don't try to overthink."

Thinking over her words I hear my name being called. 

"Y/n L/n can I get you to come up to the desk." Then my name was followed by about 10 other peoples names. We all walked up to the desk in a single file line. A tall man in all black handed me a piece of paper when it was my turn. The paper had the number 1 on it. I looked back up at him and he pointed to the left. I assumed that's where room 1 is. I walked down passing 3 doors and was greeted with door 1. I knocked and heard a loud roaring voice answer.

"Come in." It sounded just like the voice in the speaker. I opened the door and saw a darkly lit room with a large desk, a larger chair I assumed the voice was sitting and a smaller chair opposite of the desk. 

" Sit down." I obeyed and sat in the smaller chair. His chair slowly turned around. A handsome man with hair slick back, an all black suit and tattoos that covered his neck and parts of his arm I could see. I looked up and noticed he was staring at me with one white eye. He snapped in my face and I was out of the trance. 

" Take a picture it lasts longer"

My face became red and I looked down in embarrassment. What a first impression right! 

"As I hope you would realize I am Midas. I wanted to interview you myself. I think you have potential. Before I decide I have a few questions for you. Be completely honest, why do you think you deserve this job?" His voice was so attractive like raspy but not like to raspy, I needed to answer him before I have no chance.

"Well Mr. Uh Midas sir I believe that I have potential for the agency because I'm willing to learn new things and I am a loyal worker who will do whatever it takes to complete any tasks given."

"You'll do anything huh." He said smirking and laughing a little under his breath.

" I have another question for you Y/n."

"Anything sir." I reply with confidence in my voice.

" How far are you willing to go, to get out of a $10 paying job. To get into a house you don't have to pay rent for, clothes you don't have to buy yourself. How far will you go, what chances will you take?" 

My eyes widened how did he know all of this. All he should know is what I put in my resume. I didn't put any other job information in. 

"Well." He peered at me. 

"I- I will do anything, anything you want anything you ask. I can't live a life in fear I won't have a home and I don't have a family. I need a job that will pay me well and give me benefits and opportunities. I will command to whatever you ask."

"What a great answer. I think that is enough for today. It is around 6:30 pm and the results will be revealed at 9. I wish you luck."

I sat there dumbfounded no way that was it. There has to be more. He stood up from his chair and walked over to the other side of the desk towards me. I stayed sitting and he stood before me. He put his hand on my chin and made me look up at him. 

"Time to get up and go baby. You said you will do everything to get this job and maybe that helped you get the job or not." His finger ran up from my neck to my chin and he smiled. I stood up and walked out. Walking through the hallway I saw more people file out of the rooms. I went to my table sitting down. 

"Soooo how do you think it went." Skye said from next to me. 

"I genuinely don't know." I said and Skye's smile faded and we sat in silence drinking wine and eating small amounts of food till 9 pm.