Edgar Allan Poe

Thank you @s28341493 for requesting this! I hope you enjoy!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

I sat on the couch in Poe and I's house waiting for him to come back. Once again he went out to challenge Ranpo. I sighed and Karl came running over to me. "Karl when is he gonna give me attention like he gives Ranpo? Can't he see how much I really care for him?" Karl snuggled into my arms and we both fell asleep. 

I heard a door open and quickly sat up. Karl went scampering towards the door and I assumed Poe was home. "Wow this is quite the place you got Poe." I recognized that voice, Ranpo. I sighed. It wasn't that I disliked Ranpo, we were friends actually, it's just Poe acts so different and competitive around him. He barely payed attention to me, and maybe just maybe it made me a little jealous. "Hi (Y/N)!" Ranpo called to me. "Hi Ranpo." "Hi (Y/N) I hope you don't mind that Ranpo's here," Poe quietly said. A small smirk came onto my face as I came up with an idea. I'd have to make Poe jealous. "I'm o-off to the bathroom I'll be back in a m-minute," Poe said. He walked off and I decided to try to get Ranpo to help me. 

We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes before he broke the silence. "You like him." "No use in trying to hide it huh?" I said bitterly. "Look I want you to help me," I started. "Help me make him jealous." "What's in it for me?" he smugly asked. "We have some of that cake you like." "Deal." We heard footsteps and I realized it was Poe coming back. It's now or never. "Man I'm tired. Ranpo can I lay my head on your shoulder?" I said. "Sure (Y/N), how can I say no to you?" I scooted closer to him and laid down my head. Poe walked in and stopped. "(Y/N) w-what are you two d-doing?" he stuttered. "I'm tired and Ranpo offered his shoulder to me." "You always lay your head on me though," he mumbled. "About that book Poe?" Ranpo asked. I started to space out and soon Ranpo had to get up to solve the new case. "I'm going back to the couch later," I said and walked off.

"Karl do you think it worked?" He just snuggled into my arms again. "At least you give me attention and snuggle with me." Did I do something wrong? Was I not interesting or pretty enough? Did he think I like Ranpo? Or maybe he just isn't interested in a relationship at all? "Maybe i shirked just give up." I sighed and turned on the tv, maybe this'll take my mind off all this. 

After a while I heard some doors open and close and the couch dip a bit. "He won again." His voice seemed sadder than normal. "You'll get him next time," I said trying to encourage him. "But he beat me to two things." Two things? I don't remember him writing two books? "Come here," I said opening my arms. "W-what are doing?" he shyly asked. "Trying to make you feel better," I said before grabbing him and dragging him onto the couch. His head was in my chest and my arms were around his waist. I took on hand and started petting his hair lightly. "Now what else did you lose to Ranpo?" "You," he mumbled. "Me? I'm right here silly." "But you were all cuddly with him earlier, don't you love him?" This caught me off guard. I grabbed his face, forcing him to look up at me, and moved his hair so I could see his eyes. "Silly of course I don't love him, I love you! He was helping me to make you jealous..." We both stared at each other for a second before I pecked his lips. "You're the one I love, and you never fail to impress me with your books." He blushed and laid back on my chest. "I love you too," he whispered. Karl came running and jumped onto the couch with us. This was the perfect little family in my eyes.