chapter fifteen

OCEANE

"Oceane!" I turned around when I heard Kenny call my name and gestured for me to come over.

"Yes pops?" I asked when I went over to him. Yes, I've been calling him pops for a while now.

"Do you think you can record the song tomorrow?" he asked. I shrugged, "sure."

"Okay good because Alana is free tomorrow and they kinda already have the instrumental figured out so you just need to sing," he informed me and I nodded.

"Okie dokes," I smiled before excusing myself to go see Savannah.

"We have an off day tomorrow right?" I asked her when I spotted her at crafty. She turned to me, still chewing on a brownie as I chuckled.

"Well yeah, why?" she asked, covering her mouth a hand.

"Kenny wants me to record the song tomorrow," I told her and her eyes widened like they were about to pop out of the socket.

"Oh my gosh you're actually doing it?" she exclaimed and I laughed, nodding. She started jumping up and down before tossing the packaging of her now finished brownies into the bin and throwing herself on me.

"I'm so excited!" she squealed and I giggled, patting her back.

"Well hello party people," Jeremy chuckled at the sight of me and Savannah as he walked over to us with Charlie, Owen, Madison and Jadah.

"She's recording the song tomorrow!" Savannah blurted and they all had shocked expressions on their faces.

By this, she had already let go of me as she clapped. "Wait you're doing it?" Owen asked and I nodded, grinning.

Charlie let out an excited scream before picking me up and spinning me around while our friends were all happily cheering.

"Damn, y'all are excited," I chuckled once I was put back down onto the ground.

•°. *࿐

"Okay so you basically just sing from the beginning to end alright? This is just a quick test run before I'll have you do it parts to make the actual recording," Alana told me and I nodded.

I looked around the room, my friends all here to support me. "Go kill it," Jeremy said, massaging my shoulders and leading me to the door that leads to the booth.

I chuckled as I heard them all wish me luck. I entered the booth, putting the headphones on and gave Alana a thumbs up.

The instrumental started kicking in and it was like a dance-like beat in the beginning and my brain started thinking of stuff we could add for that part.

There's a sheet of lyrics in front of me, and I waited for the perfect time to start the first verse.

"Sweat on the carpet, blood on the walls
Nothing can stop me, stop the applause
They thought I was over, down on the floor
Ain't tapping out, see me coming for more

Start a riot, ruckus and rage
Ready to rumble, ain't scared of the pain
Shots to my body, no tears on my face
Ain't throwing the towel in or running away"

All the nerves I felt this morning slowly washed away and I let my eyes looked through the glass window to see everyone else. They were all smiling and listening to me sing the pre-chorus word by word.

"I, I got my eyes on the prize
Fight till the day that I die
Can't knock me down and that's why
I got 'em all the way up
Taking this moment, it's mine
Brighter than bright I will shine
Can't knock me down and that's why
I got 'em all the way up"

There was a gap in between the chorus to the second verse, so I decided to mess around a little.

"Up, purrrup, put ya, put ya, put your gloves up
Up, purrrup, put 'em all the way up
Up, purrrup, put ya, put ya, put your gloves up
Boy you better put 'em high"

I let out a soft laugh after I finished that part, randomly coming up with the lyrics on the spot.

CHARLIE

"Wait that was good. Maybe add a lil sound effect?" Kenny suggested to Alana when Oceane added that extra verse.

"Yeah, I liked that. And then we can add some extra vocals here and there," Alana nodded.

I smiled as I turned my attention back to the blonde girl in the booth as she continued singing the rest of the song. She was shaky at first, but then she got the hang of it and it was like she got a sudden boost of confidence.

I turned to my left and saw Madison holding her phone up to record her as she kept singing the chorus.

"She's awesome," Owen whispered as he leaned towards me in his chair, right next to mine. "I know," I smiled, feeling proud of the girl.

The music ended and Oceane took a step back from the microphone as she pulled her headphones down around her neck.

Alana called for her to come out of the booth and listen to the first test of the recording. She walked over to us and I pulled her by the arm gently so she sat on the arm rest of my chair.

The track started playing and Oceane let out a soft gasp, covering her mouth with her hand. I could tell she was excited over the fact that that was her voice and her song, professionally recorded.

She turned to look at me, grinning and I nodded at her, chuckling excitedly at how happy she looked.

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
uhm idk man but i just realized how this is gonna be kinda a slow burn :/

unless i rewrite all the chapters that i haven't published— nah prolly not but 👀

nah i'm too lazy for that

i feel like making a new charlie fic but more social media type coz idk those are fun and they seem a lot easier to do (they are tho) EHQIJSKW