chapter twenty five

OCEANE

"And cut! Okay thank you, Oceane you can go take a break and we'll call you when it's time for your next scene," Paul told me and I gave him a thumbs up before sliding out of the school set.

2 days. 2 damn days and I have been avoiding Charlie like he was some kind of virus. If it had nothing to do with a scene that we needed to film, there would be zero interactions.

Why am I even avoiding him? We kissed and we should probably talk about it. Why am I scared?

Ugh, so many questions.

I was walking around aimlessly but stopped in my tracks when I saw Charlie sitting at the tables outside, on his phone. I'm gonna guess he isn't needed yet.

If I turn around and walk away he wouldn't see me, and that would mean no talking... yet.

I turned on my heel and took one step away, before my name was called.

Kill me now.

"Des! Wait up," I heard him run up behind me and I squeezed my eyes shut, inhaling deeply before opening them again and turning to him with a soft smile.

"Hello," I said softly.

"Hi. So you can finally see me?"

I raised an eyebrow, but then it hit me. I've been avoiding him, of course.

"Cause you been making it as if I'm non existent around here unless I'm Luke," he continued.

I sighed softly, looking down as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, looking up at him.

"Will you tell me why? 'Cause I'm not quite sure what I did wrong— was it the kiss? It was the kiss wasn't it?" he was starting to ramble and I put a hand on his chest for him to slow down.

"I— well, I don't know. I don't know what went wrong either," I said the second half softly, walking over to the table and sitting down.

Charlie followed, but stood in front of me instead. He was quiet, as if he was waiting for me to say something.

"I just don't think that should've happened after everything," I sighed.

"After what? After you left me or after we got back on track?" he asked.

"Both," I shrugged.

"So now what?" he sighed.

Did he just— now what? I don't know Charlie Chaplin now what?

"You gonna walk out on me again?" he asked, clearly irritated.

I blinked. Walk out on him again? That was high school. I was 15. 15. I didn't know better.

"I have a job here Charlie, so no," I snapped.

"So if there wasn't you would," he asked. Silence. Followed by his chuckle.

"You'd happily walk out," he scoffed.

"You think I liked it? You think I was all excited and giddy about ditching you?" I questioned, getting agitated by the second.

"Well it seemed that way when you didn't even bother coming to see me before you took off!" he exclaimed, his voice raising.

"I was scared that if I saw you it was gonna be harder for me—"

"But you never thought about how hard it became for me," he snapped.

I flinched at how harsh the tone of his voice was, but I'll admit it— I'm the one in the wrong. I took off, not caring about the people I left behind. Especially him.

"I know. You hate me for that. I know it was my fault, just leaving without saying goodbye. I was selfish and I get that you're still not completely over it— and I don't blame you," I said, my voice as low as a whisper and I walked away.

Because that's what I did best.

CHARLIE

"Cut! Charlie, do you need to read your lines again?" Kenny asked me and I nodded, not bothering to say anything.

I can't get any of my lines right, I can barely think of anything other than what just happened. I pushed her too far that I pushed her away from me.

I ran through my lines again, desperate to get this next take right so I don't drag the boys over this scene for like the hundredth time.

"Are you okay? You seem off," Jeremy asked, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine," I muttered, giving one of the crew members my script and we got into our positions.

"And... action!"

•°. *࿐

"Okay talk to us. What did you do?" Owen asked, standing in front of me.

I looked up to find him, Jeremy and Madison staring down at me as I was sat on the couch in my trailer.

"What?" I asked.

"You and Oceane have been avoiding each other like the plague. Usually you're inseparable and you'd both be all rainbow and sunshines but I haven't seen either of you smile unless it's for a scene or something," Madison stated.

"And you're just gonna assume I'm the one that did something?"

"Yes," all three.

I sighed, putting my script aside and leaned back. "Fine. I did. I fucked up."

"No shit. The girl won't even look your way, not if she can help it," Jeremy scoffed. "What did you do?"

"We kissed after the Thanksgiving dinner," I blurted and all three pairs of eyes in front of me went as wide as a saucer.

"I— hold on, how did that turn into this disaster?" Owen questioned.

"She's been avoiding me and I confronted her about it. I guess I got mad and in the heat of the moment I said things I shouldn't. I brought up the fact that she walked out on me 6 years ago," I explained. "I mean yes, it technically was her fault but this current situation is mine. And I don't know what to do when she won't even look at me."

"Go and talk to her. Slowly," Madison said.

"I don't know what happened before, and I don't think I want to— yet, but just talk to her. Let's not let this ship sink before it even sailed," she said again, pure frustration on her face.

"What's the point? She'll never want me back."

"You don't know if you don't try," Owen shrugged.

"Do you love her?" Jeremy then asked.

I stared blankly at the ceiling, not knowing how to respond. I've always liked her, a lot. I always knew I had feelings but was it love?

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡
i can never just let them be happy oops