Chapter 7: Friendly Boredom

Amity's POV;

I really wanna bother them a bit though.

I slapped my cheeks a bit when I kept thinking of that.

Stop that, Amity!!

You've gotta show them you've got what it takes to be a good kid!

Like that'll ever happen.

Smirking to myself, I fiddled a bit with the flowers in front of me before flinching when someone suddenly spoke.

I stared up at the maid who quickly apologizes for scaring me.

"It's fine but... What do you want?" I said.

"Oh, would you like me to prepare you some tea and snacks?"

I thought it over.

"Some snacks are fine but I'm not sure with tea, never had any." I shrugged.

"Then I shall bring you a glass of cool juice instead." She nodded before leaving.

I waved a bit before turning my attention back over to the garden.

Pretty it was, I'm bored.

And the walls made it seem like a boring game since they're easy for me to climb.

Thieves would think otherwise but me? I bet I can climb that before they can. Heh.

Chuckling a bit, I looked around a bit more before smiling when the maid came back with cookies.

Ohh, they're still warm too! Must be fresh out of the ovens or something!

I smiled savoring them.

"Hey, want one?" I asked her.

She politely declined.

"C'mon! I won't tell anyone! Please, have one!" I insisted.

She was double thinking before giving in.

I cheered her on for it.

Made me less bored at least.

...

"I am so bored!!!" I whined inside my bedroom.

There was nothing to do and I don't wanna just go around the house, I'll probably break something.

Sitting up from the bed, I tapped impatiently on one foot before standing up and dusting myself a bit before walking out of my room.

I stared at the butler in the bottom corridor.

He seemed unsure of what to do right after I didn't answer his question.

What did I want..?

What do I want?

Well, I think I want something that can keep me from getting bored until later afternoon.

"I'm bored." I finally answered in the cold silence.

He smiled nodding when I finally answered him.

"Sorry, that took a lot of thinking." I said before rushing off to look at the kitchen.

I wonder how many chefs are in there.

We probably only have one though, but they'll have a lot of free time if they're not preparing for lunch at the moment.

Peeking through the doorless entryway, I watched a man in all white chop.

I could only see his back so I don't think he knows I'm watching him unless he has those six sense things with him.

I looked around him.

There was a lot of cooking utensils and foods ready to be prepared on the table.

Those look fresh.

Are we having steak for lunch..?

I continued to watch a bit more before deciding to walk off and do something better than watching some dude's back.