Chapter 13: Moon

Amity's POV;

I think I already love her.

She's too kind and I never knew she was an aristocrat too.

Maybe if she told me she was an aristocrat when we first met I might've wanted to avoid her.

But she looked so much like a servant dog that I couldn't think about it at all.

I smiled listening to her read for me.

I should probably learn how to read and write soon.

Mom is taking care of that so I should be getting lessons by some fancy teacher anytime soon. Auntie helped her a bit to find a good one while dad did some paper work about conquered lands from our ancestors.

Auntie is too nice, she's a really nice person.

"Uhm, Amity..?"

I perked up.

"Oh, sorry about that."

I didn't even realize I had slowly laid my head down on her shoulder.

She smiled shrugging it off.

"It's fine, it's just that you caught me off guard." She said.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah, I sometimes do this to either my sister or brother when they read me books." I excused.

She chuckled.

Was it funny?

"Your voice is soothing when you read," I pondered with a warm smile on my face when I rested my chin on one hand by the white clothed table.

She perked up with a raised brow and said, "my voice is soothing? I don't really take care of it much since I don't talk much."

I laughed.

"No way! You sound exactly like how my siblings would read for me! It's nice, I should learn how to read and write soon, that way I can read it to you next time!" I said.

She laughed.

"You want to read the book for me?"

"Yeah! Oh, we can even read it together next time!"

We both fell into a fit of laughter.

Even though we're just talking, it's not boring at all.

She's fun.

"Amity, my time with you has been well, I hope I didn't bore you by reading."

I shot up.

"What!? No way! It was fun! Being able to listen to you read was enough to be fun." I chirped.

That seemed to make her surprised as she slowly wore on a warm smile of someone who feels satisfied with what they've got.

"Is that so... Do you wish to... 'Hang out'? Again?" She said.

I exasperated gasp before nodding eagerly.

"Then, I shall see you once again." She said before standing up.

I was quick to pull her back down on her seat.

"A... Amity?"

"Hey, Luz," I hummed.

She tilted her head a bit before saying, "what is it, Amity?"

"We're alone, right?" I asked.

She raised a brow and looked around.

The sky was golden at the moment as she turned her gaze back over to me and nodded.

"Is there something that I did wrong?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"I just wanna say..." I began.

"Would it be alright if we just sat and talked for a little while if in exchange for your time I give you this smile?" I asked.