Chapter 11: Rank

Luz's POV;

"You didn't realize she was the Empress when you two first met?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, I mean... She didn't wear a crown when I saw her but she did look pretty like my aunt, I guess she wanted me to call her Auntie since I missed my aunt when I saw her." She said.

How can this be!?

All because the Empress's face reminded her of one of her aunts, that she was suddenly allowed to have her as her own aunt!!?

She's insanely dangerous yet clueless!

"You are a dangerous nobleman." I said with a sly grin.

She smiled back and took a seat beside me.

So close though...

"Hey, aren't you also dangerous too? You look cute." She snickered back.

I laughed.

Luckily not a soul was close enough to hear her say that.

That'd make up rumors around her if she did.

"Oh! By the way, sorry I didn't fulfill the promise I made yesterday, I hope this one makes it up." She said before continuing with, "still, I wanna invite you to my home to talk a bit, maybe hang out since I'm the only child in my home for now."

I raised a brow.

Visiting her grand home... I wonder what her family's status is with the nobility ranking though.

"H-Hey..." I muttered.

"Hm? Yeah??"

"What's your family's title?" I asked.

She thought it over a bit, leaning back on the chair to think hard before saying, "I think they said something along the lines of... Grand something."

I perked up.

"Grand?? Grand Duke and Duchess??" I spit my words aside.

Her eyes sparkled in enthusiasm and nodded before laying back down.

"Yeah, I think that's what my parents said since all they said was that's the title the Empress suddenly wants to give to us. We couldn't decline since it's rude to do so." She said.

I slammed my head to the table and covered my face with arms beside my head.

How could this be..!?

I made fun of the child from the grand Duke itself.

I hope they're forgiving, the Empress seems to have a close liking to her parents as close friends.

"Hey, are you ok?? You're a bit weird for someone rich, are you sure you're not sick? Maybe a fever?? Are you feeling light-headed?"

I shot up over her worries for me.

"It's alright..." My tongue feels stuck.

How should I address her..??

"Young Duke,"

That slipped.

She stared at me for a bit before suddenly feeling charmed by it.

"Well, you don't need to do anything like that for me, just call me the same! Amity like before!" She said.

I looked down scratching the back of my neck.

"Of course..." My tongue feels really stuck.

"Amity,"

She chuckled a bit nodding.

"You're different from last time, why are you so conservative?" She wondered.

"I can't act rationally as that would make a big impact on my family's name." I said.

"Ohh, it might give you either bad rumors or good rumors if you're not careful, ok, ok..."

It's a good thing she understood me easily.