Chapter 12: Visit

Luz's POV;

I don't even know how I agreed to this.

Mother was back home, busy with work but Amity was able to convince her to let me go over to her to play.

I feel so... Surprised? Confused? Happy??

I don't know anymore.

I flinched when the carriage hit a few bumps, looking out the window, we were almost there.

Woah... Their home is just as magnificent as the Empress's own home, the castle.

Smiling a bit, I hope she didn't forget.

She seemed a bit forgetful while we were talking at the party.

As soon as the carriage slowed down, the door was opened by my knight and I nodded stepping out.

I stared up at the front doors of their large home.

What a big Manor, it's bigger than my Manor.

Waiting outside, I shot up when I heard my name getting yelled.

Looking over to the source, I was caught in surprise when Amity suddenly jumped hugging me from the corner of my eye.

"Amity?!" I muttered in surprise as I tried to pull a foot back to hold myself from tripping down with her.

She wore such a childish smile when she parted a bit for me to look at her.

I smiled.

"Good afternoon, Amity." I said with a light bow.

"Hm?? Why are you bowing? You don't need to be formal around me! It's fine!!" She chided before grabbing my hand.

"Let's go! I've been so bored waiting for you! And you even brought volume 5 with you let's read it together!" She said.

Man... Noble sons reading together as if they're noblewomen? How uncanny.

"Please wait for me, young Earl."

I chuckled as my guard tried to hurry for us.

Amity was cheering on as we ran behind her home.

"Let's read over there!"

I raised a brow when she suddenly pointed at a maze.

"Wait, won't we get lost in there?" I asked between our running.

"We won't, this maze has a lot of exits." She said as we rushed through.

She led the way around and since the walls were tall, my guard couldn't find us after a bit of running around.

"We're here!"

I was almost out of breath when we supposedly made it to the spot she wanted to be in.

Looking around, the scenery was nice. It looked like a magnificent garden hidden inside a maze.

I took a seat down and perked up when she sat beside me.

"Hey, who was that guy that kept following us anyway? And why was he covered in metal??" She asked.

Oh, she must be talking about my guard, my escort supposedly.

"That man was my guard and escort, my mother doesn't like it if I were to go around outside from my home without guards to protect me." I explained.

"What??? Then where's the fun in that!?"

I shot up.

"Excuse me?" I chirped.

"I mean, if you don't have anyone watching you behind your back, wouldn't it feel nice?? You can do almost anything you want and say anything you want!" She said.

I chuckled at such a remark.

That not something a noble child can just do without consequences later.

"I'm afraid that wouldn't be easy for me." I said.