Chapter 14: Sun

Luz's POV;

What's with that face..?

I gulped and eased down.

At least she wasn't going for any ill intent just like what I initially thought.

"That's okay as long as you can make a promise not to break my little heart or leave me all alone?" I replied.

For a moment she stared at me before her eyes lit up with joy.

She nodded eagerly still holding unto my white sleeve.

I flushed looking away.

What is this..!?

My heart is racing for unknown reasons.

"Hey, are you ok?"

I shot up by her sudden question.

I nodded with a meek smile.

"I just feel very off guard." I muttered.

She huffed before nodding.

"Hey, now that I think about it, what's your favorite snack?" She trailed off.

My favorite snack?

"My favorite snack?" I wondered.

She nodded.

"Oh, uhm... Sweet biscuits I suppose but I'm not too keen with sweets." I said.

Well, I'm actually not allowed to have too much sweets since mother prefers I don't go too overboard with it.

"Really? Mine are cookies! All kind!" She chidded.

So she's the one keen on sweets then? She seemed to like biscuits too when we first met though.

"But I also like biscuits, especially the sweet ones." She added.

Oh, I see...

I smiled looking down on my book.

"How about drinks, Luz?? Mine is warm drinks like chocolate with some cream on top and marshmallows." She said.

"Chocolate with cream and marshmallows?" I chirped.

She nodded before saying, "yeah! It's pretty tasty and sweet, want to try it?"

"Oh, no thank you, but I don't think I can handle that kind of sweetness in a day." I declined.

"Huh? Why, are you like... Allergic to sugar?" She wondered.

I shook my head before saying, "I just prefer tea and no, I'm not allergic to sugar or anything."

It would seem she has a lot in her unreadable mind.

"Like what you were drinking when we first met? Honestly, I just thought it was just warm water with some coloring." She shrugged.

Huh, she must've never tried tea before.

"I've always thought those tasted weird since only adults drink those." She added.

I snickered to stifle a laugh.

"What?? Those taste different??" She asked.

"Truthfully, you might offend anyone if you were to say those things but there are different kinds of tea and some add a bit of sugar to their tea to lighten the taste a bit." I said.

She seemed interested by my answer.

She's definitely never had tea before.

"So you're saying tea comes in a lot of variety, huh..." She hummed before continuing with, "so what kind of tea were you drinking last time I saw you drinking some??"

"I'm not allowed to go to too many varieties but last time we met, it was just black tea." I said.

"Black tea?? It didn't look black like coffee to me." She huffed.

"It was a bit sweetened." I shrugged.

"Ohh, the sugar made it look a bit light, huh..." She hummed in understanding.