ッ︎Quick ❞︎

Y/N POV

~

☆☆☆

Los Angeles, California

☆☆☆

~

"Hello," I say, answering the facetime notification.

I'm greeted with Dream smiling widely, the phone camera up close to his face. As always, it spreads to me, making me split into a smile.

"Hello," he says in his usual tune, then brings his phone back. He's sitting at some sort of a dining table, eating a cracker. I also change my position, bringing the phone to my desk and propping it up. I continue working on my video, pulling on my headset and only covering one ear with it.

"Who're you talking to?" A voice asks, and I connect it with Dream's sister, Harper.

"I'm talking to y/n," Dream says. My eyebrows raise, realizing he's probably at his mom's house at the moment. That means parents, siblings, family members. It means first impressions.

I cringe at my own thoughts, then turn my attention back to Dream.

"Y/n? You mean Staar?" Harper asks, and I chuckle.

"Yeah, sorry," Dream says. He picks up his phone, holding it close to his face again. Harper peeks into the frame. "Say hi."

"Hey,"  Harper says with a small wave, and I chuckle at her shyness.

She leans into Dream, whispering something into Dream's ear. Dream thinks for a moment, then nods his head in response. She leans in again, whispering again.

As he did before, Dream nods, a small smile on his face.

"You're so annoying. Why do you look like that," Harper says, and it's enough to wipe the smug smile on his face and force him into a wheeze. Harper matches it, their laughs being almost identical.

It makes me laugh as well, no longer worrying about what they were whispering about.

"Dream, I'm about to upload a new video, and tomorrow I have a speedrunning stream against George. Any suggestions?" I ask, leaning back and stretching in my seat. Harper cocks her head at my name-calling, and I figure it's probably because she's not used to him being called Dream. I should probably switch over to Clay while he's around family.

"Oh! Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up. He starts talking about speedrunning techniques, teaching me how to build the portal, which world spawns to use, how to trade.

I listen the whole time, taking in all of the information he gives me. I watch him as he speaks, in wonder from the number of things he knows, and in wonder of how passionate he is about speedrunning.

Some might think it's a bit silly, but I think that it's adorable. Watching him ramble on about everything from Minecraft mechanics to how to add a timer overlay.

I must have been smiling too much, because Dream breaks his intent and passionate state. "What?" He asks, and I can hear and see the smile on his face.

"Oh- nothing. Your just cute when you talk about things you like," I say, and watch as my words take effect on him. He blushes immediately and a smile spreads on his face. I've made him flustered.

"Yuck," Harper says, then walks away sassily. It makes Dream and I also break out of our conversation, laughing loudly.

"Thanks for the speedrunning tips. Now I know how I can beat George," I say, earning a small laugh. I sigh. "If you don't mind me asking, what did Harp ask about?" I ask, speaking slowly and testing my boundaries.