⌂︎Closer☺︎

DREAM POV

~

☆☆☆

Los Angeles, California

☆☆☆

~

I haven't really thought about it lately, but Staar and I seem to be a lot closer than I thought. Even with George and Sapnap, we would run out of things to talk about occasionally, then have our goofy start-ups again. But last night and this morning, I didn't feel that way once.

I don't know how I feel about it.

I guess I'm pretty happy about it, but everything is still so confusing. We've both admitted to liking each other (and specifically as more than friends), but our relationship hasn't really gone past that. We're just two people who like each other, live together, and pretty much have the same job. "But I guess we're just friends who kiss sometimes."

"What?" Staar asks, looking up from her phone with a concerned expression.

"I didn't say anything," I say, confused and blinking at her slowly.

"You literally just said "but I guess we're just friends who kiss sometimes." Like, you said exactly that," she says.

Fuck. I did not mean to say that out loud. The silence continues. And now it's awkward. Great.

"I mean, I guess, yeah, I did say that," I start, and she raises her eyebrows at me in high suspicion and sass. "Well that wasn't my whole train of thought."

"Enlighten me. What was your full train of thought?"

Am I somehow managing to make this more awkward than it already is?

"Well, you know how we had that whole "clarifying moment" on the way to the farm on Halloween?"

"Yes, I am aware of that, I was an active participant in the conversation and actions," she says in a joking tone, followed with a wink. It's almost enough to make me blush, but I try my best not to.

"Well, I'm still a bit confused. Because you said that you also like me, and that you don't just like me as a friend, and all that kind of stuff. So I'm just a bit confused on where our relationship stands?" I say, raising my voice at the end as if it were a question. Staar takes a deep breath.

"Well where would you want it to stand?" She asks me. I tilt my head in confusion. "In your ideal world, where does the relationship stand?" She clarifies, and I now understand the question. But, I don't understand how to answer it.

George walks into the room, practically saving me from the awkward moment. He's up surprisingly early, taking a seat at the island.

"I sensed sexual tension and felt I was needed," he says. I almost laugh. We make eye contact for a moment, and he immediately understands the situation.

"Dream, I still need to talk to you," George says.

"About what?" I ask him, confused again.

"We never talked about what happened on Halloween," George says, and I almost groan aloud. Leave it to George to think he's helping, but only make the situation worse. "Follow me to my room."